Vol 1 Chapter 6.9 (Solaris 🍋)

Solaris 🍋 18+ ahead~

"Yeah see ya!" Finally after the lesson, everyone except Soranyan leaves me room to head back to their own dorm rooms.

"be sure to arrive at school tomorrow you guys. Same time for the study session too." I remind them of everything they need as they head off.

A tired sigh comes out of my mouth as I walk over to my bed and lay there like a tired dog in the sun. Apperantly Soranyan hasn't moved since she entered the room, I can see her texting to her friends my moving my head.

I shouldn't work myself to look at her, I'm so tired I could literally die. My work these days have been so spread out, I've even been helping teachers such as Chabashira-sensei so my workload is pretty stacked.

My pants echo through the room as I feel sweat running down my face. I feel a certain pain in my body, I can't describe the pain but... it's a bit of a strain.

"...." It's strangely quiet in this room, the only sound that can be heard is the sound of Soranyan's phone as she types on her phone. She doesn't seem bothered at all that the room is quiet, in fact she has a pretty happy smile there.

Ugh, I'm thirsty. I should probably go get a glass of water.

"Here you go, Nii-san. Lay back and rest willy you?" Just when I sit up to go get a drink, Soranyan places a glass of water beside me along with my personal throat medicine.

I give her a gesture of 'Thanks' before  swallowing the medicine down with most of the water, leaving little for later in case I need it.

"What has you so motivated all the sudden, Nii-san? I've rarely ever seen you work yourself so hard. Is it for your class?" She asks me. Honestly I could tell she was worried from the moment I saw her.

She must have heard of my deeds all the way from her class. Behind the joking demeanor she outs up is a caring twin sister, one that is always worried for her brother and wants the best for her.

I feel horrible, making a relative think like this but at the time I couldn't tell her how bad my injuries have gotten or how tired I was. Sure my injuries should heal up any time now, but that doesn't beat the fact I still feel pain whenever I move or talk.

".... Don't know. I felt motivated ever since coming to this school, you can tell I've been restlessly working myself for a month now can't you? Honestly I can't tell you the answer even if I wanted to, perhaps I just wanted to be...remembered?" No that's too vague. I don't know how to out it in words...sorry Soranyan.

"You need to understand when to take a break Nii-san. Working yourself too hard will eventually break your body beyond repair...." I feel like shit for making her worry but it can't be changed.

It is what it is, I'm the most stubborn person I know and that's no exaggeration. What made me so motivated to help this class despite it's ignorance? What did I see in this class?

I wish I knew...

"I know you better than anyone, you want to see them smile right? Your reason for helping people has never changed Nii-san, that's what you said yourself. You've been through so much....I know you want them to smile but is it worth throwing away your own?" She gives me a tight embrace.

At this distance, I can smell her scent... I'm so shameful, how can I think if shit like this when my twin sister is hugging me? Utterly exhausted as I am, I can't push her aside so I accept her embrace by returning it.

"Nii-san....I want to make you happy too even if we will be separated from time to time. I'll allow you to help this class but promise me you won't ever push yourself after this ever again, please?" She whispers into my ears like a magical fairy. Her breath is enough to send chills down my spine but it also sends mixed signals into another body part...