Vol 1 Chapter 4.5

The end of normality

I'm currently standing in front of the guidance room with Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and Horikita Suzune. Two of my classmates whom I've been with for three weeks now. The three of us are in a deep silence, after what transpired anyone would be silent at a time like this.

It's not clear why they're so quiet to me, or why I'm so quiet. I'm clenching my fist inside my pockets, cold sweat is running down my neck and onto my back. Is this a form of fear? No, it's something indescribable....do I want to talk with them?

Is this really the right time?

"Anyway, let's head back." Ayanokouji starts to walk away without me and Horikita's confirmation. He might be doing the right thing here, it's better for us to walk separately but...

"Chotto minute!" I attempt to brighten the mood, sadly it doesn't stop Ayanokouji in his tracks at all. I need to do better than make a cheeky joke like that huh?

"Ayanokouji! We're those test scores really just a coincidence?" Horikita managed to speak up before me as I think of a topic.

"Didn't I already give you the answer? Unless you have an actual effective piece of evidence, I'll continue to confirm it is in fact a coincidence."

"But... Ayanokouji, I don't understand. You seem to have no interests in class-A at all, you don't even seem to be serious about graduating." True, even I don't understand and my computer brain is going through endless possibilities. It doesn't make sense...I need more icing for this cake to piece the missing pieces together.

"You also have unusual thoughts about class-A, Horikita."

"Is that strange? I'm working to make my future prospects more advantageous."

"Well there's nothing wrong with it. It's just you seem obsessed rather than wishing for it." I finally speak up and pull Horikita behind me as I attempt to catch up with Ayanokouji. This time standing  a few meters behind him as I hear Horikita sequel but eventually regaining her composure as I let go of her hand.

"So, are you actually going to try and aim for class-A?"

"First, I want to find the real intention of the school. Why I was put into class D. Chabashira-sensei said that I was only judged as someone fitting for class D, so… When I figure it out, I’ll aim for class A- No, I’m always aiming for class A."

"Are you dumb or just ignorant? Honestly Horikita your dream is more like a hope of fire you hold deep inside your heart. You'll have to tame those gorillas of a class over before you can ascend to class-A, there's no other way. But since you can't even get a good grip on the future, I doubt you'll be able to handle a few crazy people." I let out the words I've been bottling up for awhile now. My words are harsh but they're the truth.

Once hearing this, Horikita looks up at me as Ayanokouji takes occasional glances back at us. We don't stop walking though, we're still walking back to the dorms together even if we have some distance between us.

As much as I want to continue my saying here, it's not the best place. I sigh in tiredness as I quicken my pace and walk right next to Ayanokouji who looks like he has something on his mind.

The only word I've got from today is "despair". Living a school life will always start rough no matter the person, that's just a major minus society puts into this education system. Sure it might not be the fault of society but I don't see it that way.

The human education system is special, something you can only find on planet earth it course and among the human race. This system hasn't changed since it was first introduced, sure there might be  moments where teachers choose to change their teaching tactics, but it's still remained the same nonetheless.