Vol 2 Chapter 2.3

Solution

The next morning, I begin to exchange some information with a set few of my classmates, specifically those of study group and the other tutors. Hirata and Horikita were fairly surprised, I suppose they never thought member of class-D would confront us this early.

Ike and Yamauchi were always and still are haters of ladies' men like Hirata, despite that they still try to spring out a conversation with the women in the class. Yamauchi hasn't done so good, in fact he's the same as usual if not slightly better but Ike has actually shown improvement.

Sure he still has that pervert personality, it's unbearable and I'm pretty sure he know it. Ike now knows how to read the atmosphere in the class and how to act accordingly, for example if Chabashira-sensei comes in with a different face than usual he'll try to shut himself up but I can see that he wants to cheer her up. On top of that, his academic abilities seemed to have improved since he's able to solve questions that are beyond middle school level now, not bad I'd say.

Not much has happened outside of the tutors' and my study group's knowledge so far, like I said I've only told a set few people. Outside of the class I've only talked with Hiyori over the phone, I haven't even told Ray-chan and Soranyan yet.

They may be my long time childhood friends but can't say we haven't had our fair share of competitions before. I'm concerned of the fact that class-D knows about our relationship since we've hung out so much outside the school building, there's a chance class-D recruited them. I wouldn't put it under Ray-chan to try and beat me like this, as for Soranyan she's the real threat here.

She's of my own blood as a relative thus she has definitely got some of my if not most of my intelligence. If anything I should be the one who's trying to recruit my friends since they have a real chance at beating me fair and square. Unfortunately there aren't many opportunities, I haven't hung out with them since last week.

My only option here was to get someone else on the side of mine, so I went out to search for some potential candidates. That's when I met her sitting on a bench with no care in the world.

I saw her as a potential source of assistance, and she thought I was an interesting individual who had a different outlook on the world. Although she was dead right on that I decided to deny it, she caught onto me and brought up a deal if I bring her the names of people who I thought were interesting in the first year then she'll get me something important.

It wasn't clear to me what this important thing was but overtime I deduced it was a box I had since childhood. You see after the entrance ceremony, the school confiscated my precious wooden box and hid it in the student council room. Confiscated might have been overestimating it, in fact they wanted me to find it as a test since the person who took it was the student council president. It was a cheap move but I see it now, not too late to take it back either.

"Now I'm taken back....I did so much I don't know what to do now..."

Why don't you wait? I'm sure the readers would love for you to drag out time~ if you're not like that, maybe I can help you?

A cold shiver runs down my spine as I look behind me, as expected no one is there but what was that feeling....? M-maybe it's just the breeze but it felt off....no, no! I'm sure it was just my imagination.

°°°

"Ugh! Crap, it's so hot!" With the sudden season heat, sadly our school uniforms haven't changed even the slightest bit.

The reason is simple, the school comes with a cooling and heating system. However those don't apply to places outside the main school building. I've been sweating bullets ever since leaving the cool of my dorm room, the road trip from the dorms to the school building is not a fun one due to this heat.

Finally reaching the school building, I take refuge inside, where the nice, cooling air greets me. I feel bad for the people who have some sort of morning practice, even I had to cancel my workout routine today since I was being roasted in the heat when I stepped outside my window. My skin is exceptionally sensitive to the heat, even the morning sun can scorch me under certain conditions.

"Good morning, Sugihara-sama." As I reach my seat, I'm greeted with the presence of Masaki.

"Morning Masaki......"

"You look like you're down in the dumps... I knew your sensitivity for heat was bad but I never saw it first hand, would you like this small fan I bought?" She brings out one of those small hand controlled fans from God knows where and places it onto my desk.

I begin to let it work its magic by holding the button to make the fan activate. Unfortunately the air from this alone won't be enough to completely cool me down, still it helps enough to make me feel wide and awake.

"Thanks Masaki....I owe you one! Any updates on class-D?"

"They have not made any further movements aside from the one that was the other day." They're taking it slower than I would have liked.

They must know if they take any careless moves now, the risk could cost them the lost easily. They're playing the waiting game to see if we would make an obvious move first before exploiting our plans.

It's not like I haven't narrowed down who class-D's leader is, if you ask my Ryuuen made a huge mistake by showing himself to me thinking I wouldn't suspect him. After all who would think the leader of the opposing team would casually come up to you? Well no one but the guy who's basically trying to do the same thing.

"Gather everyone in the class, I'm sure some of them aren't even awake yet since it's so early. I think it's about time I inform them of what's been happening these days." Masaki nods at my command and begins to send a text message to the class group chat within the chat app on her smartphone.

"One more thing, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm? Absolutely, as long as I can answer it of course."

"Good enough. Don't you think everything is playing into our favour too easily? I doubt class-D has been moving in for a trap, I mean Hiyori hasn't told me anything like that and I am quite sure she wouldn't just lie to me." This is a thing that's been bugging me for awhile.

It's almost like there's some god who's watching over my actions and thoughts, and this exact god is writing the road map ahead so my plans go smoothly. I was prepared for Ryuuen to beat me down back at the vending machines but surprisingly he didn't.

"I'm sure that is just your imagination, Sugihara-sama. Your brilliance knows no bounds so I doubt this is some sort of trap, in fact I believe it's just how perfect this strategy of yours is that it's being played so well."

"Is that so....?" Well she's right, there's no way a higher power is helping me, person who doesn't believe in God of all people.

While I take care of this issue with class-D, I can also help with the few people in our class who have more obvious defective properties. For example Sudou, Sakura, Yamauchi and Shinohara.

One step at a time, no need to rush...well I should work on Sakura first of that's the case. Everyone else should be easy to fix but Sakura will be the most problematic since she has social anxiety, something I'm not good at handling specifically so I'll need some help with that...