Ch. 35: Dating For Real, This Time

Start from the beginning

"YOU PLACED THAT STRING THERE!"

"YOU ALMOST KILLED HER!"

"YOU ALMOST KILLED JEON Y/N!"

A loud shriek escapes Juyeon as she drops her phone, her hands quickly going to her head and grabbing her hair. Her expression is livid, and her pupils are shaking crazily as she mutters words she had been repeating endlessly all to no avail. "I didn't do it... I swear, I didn't do it... I... I..." Sobs then escape her, and she curls herself up like a ball, in that dark janitor's closet that barely has anyone checking and passing by it.

Though, of course, at this point, it isn't being discovered that's the most of her problems now. Juyeon knows she's going mad, and if pushed any further, she could fall into a deep abyss of madness, her sanity soon disappearing down the drain. If only there was someone who would pull her back onto safe ground. But no one would even believe her. Not even Hyunjin who knows her past well. Who knows her past well the most, not to mention.

Yet another "ding" sounds from Juyeon's phone, and she jerks, knowing just what that notification could be about again. Then she shakes, knowing that reading that message would probably be what's going to send her down the abyss. Curiosity compels her, and the sudden want to just give in to madness, and she slowly reaches out for her phone, her face still buried in her knees. "This is it," she thinks. "If this is how things are gonna end... Then what was even the point of it all?"

Suddenly, however, Juyeon's eyes widen and she instinctively pulls her hand back when light washes into the closet, and a sudden memory plays inside her head.

Hyunjin. From 4 years ago.

Immediately, Juyeon turns her head, only to feel slight disappointment when she sees someone else. "Oh... you..." she mumbles, only to suddenly feel fear as she quickly moves further into the closet as she looks towards the newcomer cautiously. "Wait, if you're here for revenge, then don't-" She lets out a yelp when the person suddenly kneels infront of her to get on her level, only to quickly place his arms around her in the next second. Juyeon's eyes widen when she realizes what had just happened, then she goes limp as her eyes droop down, looking at the shoulder of the boy hugging her. "Why..."

"Juyeon," Jeongin says, his voice calm and gentle. "Did you think I would just forget? You did, though. Four years ago, you saved me when I was being bullied. And because of that, I never hated you no matter how many times you bullied me."

Juyeon stays silent for a few seconds, then she speaks just as she rests her forehead on Jeongin's shoulder. "Are you stupid?" she mumbles, though, of course, she would never admit to feeling a bit relieved as tears start forming in her eyes.

"I believe you," Jeongin then says, and that was enough to make Juyeon cry infront of him.

She had never thought she'd end up crying in someone else's arms other than Hyunjin. But here she is, crying in the arms of the boy she had both saved and bullied. Who knew, right?

But right at that moment, Juyeon just knows she feels thankful. She was pulled away from the abyss just right in time.

《♧》

Classes eventually ended, and as soon as your classes ended, your friends could clearly see how giddy you are about leaving the classroom.