Maybe the younger version of Hisoka wouldn't have cared so much. But this nearing decade changed him. He wanted stability and consistency. His mellowed down version of himself wanted to enjoy the finer things in life money couldn't buy him.

And that was you and his daughter.

_

"Daddy? Where are you going?" A sleepy Maleeka that slowly throdded down the staircase enquired.

Tying his shoelace, Hisoka stood up and zipped his perfectly tight fitted tracksuit. Vaguely outlining his muscular upper body.

"I'm going for a run." He answered, a bit surprised that she was up.

"Run? The sun isn't even up yet. It's like 4:30 am. Why you going so early?" She asked, now standing in front of him.

"Couldn't sleep, and I need to clear my mind. Besides, running before sunrise in the crisp air feels good." He replied, giving her one of his warm Joker smiles.

"Hmm. Why, what's worrying you? Is it mum?" She maturely asked.

Not changing his countenance too much to give away that it was the thoughts of you that haunted him awake, Hisoka knelt down to Maleeka'a level.

"You want to come with me?" He asked, purposely ignoring her question.

"Mmm.." She pensively groaned, burying her chin in the thin duvet wrapped around her that she brought down.

"We can stop by your favourite restaurant to get an early breakfast." Hisoka tempted. Low-key actually wanting to spend time with her more than usual today.

"Mmm!" Maleeka groaned more aggressively because her resolve immediately grew weak at the mention of food.

"I won't be able to keep up with you though. You like ten times bigger and stronger than me." She lazily protested.

"Well, you my daughter. Becoming strong is essential. You know very well the people in my life need to be up to par with me survive." Hisoka seriously stated with a surprisingly gentle undertone.

Looking deeply into his eyes, "Strong like you and mom?"

"Strong like her and I. Especially her." Hisoka replied, having flashbacks of all the times you had to fight and outsmart people.

"...Do I need to be strong so I can fight like mummy did that day we were driving out of Paris? 'Coz that's how our lives are going to be from now on?" She asked in a low tone. Clearly still bothered by that incident.

Seeing uneasiness swim across Maleeka's golden eyes, Hisoka cupped her cheek with endearment.  Feeling a tad bit guilty because Hisoka is responsible for the life you and his child have to live in forever.

"No. Our lives aren't like that. What happened that day is something that seldom happens. It can even happen to ordinary people. It's just good to be strong and have endurance."

Pouting partially displeased, "How can I be sure that's not how our lives will be forever? Or nothing bad will ever happen to us?" Maleeka sought out for assurance. Not being entirely convinced.

"Because I will never let anything bad happen to you or your mother. "

"And how I'm sure our life won't be dangerous? Well, let's just say no one bothers the boss in a hurry." Hisoka smugly added.

Giggling lightly because she felt much more assured due too his last sentence, Maleeka nuzzled against his hand. "It's so cool that I can say my dad is this big shot boss."