Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

            "I don't know anymore Lily," Daelin shrugged her shoulder, "I have no one to go with, though I'd like to go and get distracted. You should go though; I'll tell you if I'm going though later." And before Liliya could respond, Daelin hurried off towards her dorm and entered her room, collapsing on the bed.

.:*:.

            Liliya was sitting in her room in an old dress from her closet, they never actually got dresses from the mall. She still hadn't heard from Daelin, Liliya hadn't left her room all day. She heard a knock on the door, expecting it to be Daelin she opened the door up only to see Evander standing there in a tux, "Oh, Evander," she said shocked, "I thought it was going to be Daelin." She took in how nicely he was dressed, "Going to the dance?"

            "Are you going?" Evander asked her, "If you are...do you want to go together?"

            "Um, sure." Liliya said while smiling for the first time. It faded though quickly as they walked down the steps, "Any idea where Daelin is? I hope she doesn't do anything reckless, you know here." Evander shook his head.

            "No, I haven't seen her and I heard some people saying she hasn't left her room all day like the rest of us. So she probably is going to stay in there until she can cope. Or appear as she is..." He took her hand in his, "I'm worried about her though. I'm almost sure she had a crush on Devin..." Liliya looked away. The scary thing was, Daelin did. She wasn't the type to let her emotions fly, she held them in until she exploded or did something stupid.

            They walked into the dance, neither felt like dancing so they took seats at a table in the corner, a few people stopping to say something or offer a friendly wave. They watched as Nicolai and his brother entered the dance. Immediately Afon was pulled away by some of the other senior girls and onto the dance floor. Nicolai slumped back against the wall, not noticing he was near Liliya and Evander. "Hey cous," Liliya called to him, "Want to sit a table, the floor's probably dirty." Nicolai nodded and drooping down into a seat at the table. The three of them sat down, the dance was continuing around them, but they truly weren't part of it. Of course they put on those fake smiles and waved to their passing friends, but inside, they felt angry. They wanted the Strigoi dead.

.:*:.

            Daelin laid on her bed, still in the clothes from earlier, making no attempt to change as she sat up. She had been thinking all day and had finally came to a decision. She stood and grabbed a bag, shoving as much as she could fit, but still keeping it light. She had one goal and one goal only, to find Devin.

            She stood and left her room for the final time, not looking back. She headed outside. Passing the dance where everyone was attending, so no one would notice she disappeared. She went into the Guardian's office which was vacant, most of them were at the dance. Easier than she figured, she took a stake from the drawer and then crept her way into the parking lot unseen.

            Daelin looked around at all the cars. She finally chose a small one, a very common one and got in, hot wiring it, she started it out, stake onto her lap and headed out. Her dark hair was tied up in a bun and she threw on a pair of fake glasses, making her look older than she was. They let her through the gates, not really paying attention to who was driving. This was where everything began for her.

.:*:.

            Devin was looking out into the large fields of Ireland, he was fully transformed. It's been a week since the incident in Montana. He finally felt bloodlust, and he liked it. He like the possibilities of living forever, even though he hated the other Strigoi. Maybe he would be able to overthrow and kill them all one day. Easily with all the money they owned, they got passports and one-way tickets to Ireland. Then taking control of an abandoned castle from another clan of Strigoi was only too easy with Adrik's orders.

            "Devin are you hungry?" Dima called to him, he caught up with them after and joined their clan officially.

            "I can feed myself." Devin called back angrily. He was so angry lately, it was as if it was the only thing he could feel, that and a bit of arrogance of how powerful he was now. He wasn't even hungry at the moment, he basically just took the lives of five or more late night clubbers.

            Adrik was standing at the top tower of their new lair, he was pleased with this new place. His mind was turning. He'd get his revenge; no one escaped him and lived. Even if it meant rounding up and army and breaking down the school, or luring them out. So many ways to kill.

            Natalie entered the tower, "What are you planning?" She asked him curiously.

            "An attack and a good one," He answered her, though he usually wouldn't share this information. She proved herself worthy by not getting killed. Natalie nodded and left him alone. Adrik smiled suddenly and felt like laughing, it all came together. Time to make calls and put on his charming ways. With that, he walked into a cold room and pulled out his phone. Beginning what would be the academy's end.