53

Vil's POV

Ever since I told Y/n I hated her I didn't even bother to fix it or even apologize. I knew that Y/n would never want to see me again. But if Y/n was perfect for me then I obviously wasn't perfect for them. I'm number two, always...

Because Y/n hasn't fixed my curse yet they still need to compensate. I'll never be perfect, I have to be.

I remember Rook reminded me after I 'liked' Y/n. I didn't like her and Rook helped me realize that. I just wanted compensation from Y/n, nothing more nothing less. I don't want anything to do with them once they fix my curse.

-

"Rook, I think... no, I love Y/n."

Took was silent for awhile and took a deep breath before speaking, "Vil... are you sure? I never expected you to fall for a type like Y/n but really? I'm not trying to change your feelings but have you forgotten? Y/n gave you the curse. That's how this all started."

Rook was right. Y/n started all this. Because I wanted Y/n to break my curse so bad I started hanging out with them more and in the end I had forgotten my true goal.

"That's... maybe it isn't love?"

"Vil, we've been friends for a long time. Whatever you're feeling for Y/n isn't love."

I didn't understand. Then what did I feel, I felt confused and upset. I misinterpreted and had forgotten. I need to be by myself.

For three weeks I went on by thinking what I felt for Y/n. The more I thought about it the more I got angry at myself. I hated myself because of Y/n. They made me like this.

It wasn't bad though. It felt good to forget and I wish I could've continued to forget. But this is the real world, now I need to focus on myself.

VDC will be coming up soon. I need to prepare for that and once I win against Niege I'll be the number one, most fairest in the land.

-

Rook helped me set up posters and so did the other students. VDC will be one of NRC's biggest event this year and we can't disappoint. I will work hard and I will have others make me look beautiful.

It was in no time that everyone started to talk about VDC. I was the main topic. But it still wasn't enough to make me number one.

The auditions felt very long, not many impressed me and Epel needed to work a lot if he was going to help me compete against Niege. Rook was impressed with almost everyone saying that each one was so beautiful. Geez, at least he's a true friend.

I enjoyed the dance number from Jamil; he has a nice voice and very beautiful dance moves, I'll have him be one of the main vocals. Kalim did pretty well dancing, he could work on his singing. Ace and Deuce, the duo, they weren't that good. Deuce has much work for improvement but Ace wasn't so bad.

Cater Diamond, he could dance well but vocals were off. Lilia had a eerie sound when he sang, he'll put my audience to sleep and he stood out too much. Ortho stood out too much, also a robot dancing would be an even bigger hit than me. Ruggie had much room but he did pretty good.

I had decided who would be in my group for the VDC challenge.

"Everyone here has a chance to outshine the other. If you improve then I won't hesitate to change you position. For now these are your positions."

Jamil would be the main dancer and vocalist. Epel would be the main vocalist. Deuce and Ace would be the foreground dancers; Rook and Kalim would be the backup dancers. I would be the main vocalist.

We still had many weeks to practice before the big VDC competition. I needed to focus.

"Haha!" I could hear the annoying sounds of laughing through the window.

I went to my window to close it but I caught a glimpse of Y/n talking to Epel. I never thought I would see them smile again after what happened. But why were they with Epel?

I get it. He's young, beautiful, exceptional. Even I have to admit that Epel has something that even I don't. It was the compassion and happiness Epel had, he was perfect because he would be my poison apple.

Y/n seemed much more happier with someone other than me. I then closed the window to hide the feelings buried deep within me.

-

"Raise you elbow. Epel you need to act more graceful." What was wrong with me? Epel was doing perfectly yet I couldn't handle it.

"That's it. You'll be taking ballet classes until you become more elegant to handle this dance." I said to Epel. Like a child Epel refused and ran away. That kid, Deuce, ran after Epel and I wouldn't wait for them. We continued with rehearsal but deep down I felt bad and Rook noticed.

By the time it was dark the two had come back to apologize and I had them take ballet classes early in the morning till school started. Only then did I realize that I was picking on Epel a bit too much and needed to relax. Epel and Y/n have nothing going on Vil you still have a chance. Wait, Y/n and I are finished and Epel being friends with Y/n shouldn't concern me. I need to focus so I decided to let the team take a break.

Epel had received many packages. It was apple juice. Epel handed them out and I made an exception just this once. I didn't even bother took look at the label or ingredients. Just one sip and it was like tasting beauty in all its glory. Epel talked about how his family grew apples and how they were all naturally sweet. They had so many apples that didn't even know what to do with it. Since his village was farther away from the city business it wasn't booming in business as they always hoped.

To make it up to Epel I took a picture of the Apple juice and posted it on my social media. Epel will probably get a call soon about his family booking in business. Sure enough Epel did get a call he was very happy. I'm glad things turned out well.

Back at school I was called on by Mr. Divus, "Vil, I know you're busy with VDC but I still need you to contribute to the science competition soon after."

I had forgotten all about the science competition, "Ah, yes. Thank you for reminding me. Have we decided what to make for the science fair?"

"Yes, Y/n decided on this year's project and it's about the history of overblot Magic since it's a area of science and magic that is rarely known about. When you have the time please talk to Y/n so you can contribute."

Y/n was doing really well despite it being a week. Stop! You need to focus on yourself Vil! You need to be the fairest of the land!

Hope you like this chapter! Add your theories on the history of overblot in the comments.

Hopefully I can end this book soon. School is really getting to me, I'm becoming very lazy at home but at the same time very productive. Thanks for reading!