13

Its been a few days since that incident. Jack and I are cool with each other now but we still feel awkward around each other.

"Oi, herbivore. Stop making googly eyes and start paying attention. You aren't gonna make it into qualifications with that face." Lion boy bugged me. I couldn't help myself, I put my big googly eyes -which were on my face- down.

"Sorry, I was helping out Jade with his crafts for Octanvinelle and couldn't resist these."

"You're trying out for Magift, right? Well, after all that practice I'm sure you'll get a spot on the team. But you've been spacing out so you need to focus. I'm only telling you for the sake of the dorm, not for anything else." I let out a small chuckle which was followed by a death glare, but I didn't really care. This must be another way of Leona's affections saying that he cares.

"I won't let you down Leona! I will do my best and I will qualify and play in the Magift tournament." I confidently say as I stand up straight with my right hand put up like a soldier form.

I was trying out for Magift today. Even though I was really great at Magift I still felt nervous, as if something bad was happening and I didn't know what that was.

-

3rd person POV

"Is it done?"

"Shi shi shi. I totally got them."

"Good. As long as we take out the best players we'll for sure win this year. That bastard is not walking down the hall with a smile on his face when I finish them."

"You!" Jack came out of his hiding place, "I never thought you two would do this. I'm telling and I'll make sure of that."

"Will you?" Leona smirked, "If you tell people then Savanaclaw won't participate in Magift this year. Do you really want to disappoint the dorm? We only have one rule here; obey the king."

Jack trembled his fist and grit his teeth. He wanted to do the right thing but he couldn't allow himself to disappoint the dorm or disobey his senpai. Jack couldn't have felt more guilty and more regretful in that moment. Maybe he could tell just one person. No! Y/n couldn't know, right?

The next day, Jack felt the guilt almost eating him up. He felt calm and composed on the outside but was secretly a volcano exploding on the inside. Epel had noticed something wrong with Jack and decided to help him.

"Jack-kun, are you alright? You don't seem like yourself." Epel said sweetly.

"Nothing. Everything's fine. I need to get going now." Jack left Epel. He didn't want to accidentally spill anything to Epel, so he left.

A day had passed since Jack figured out of Leona's secret plan. Jack had gotten a bit used to it, but not telling the truth felt harder than he thought. He then remembered about the people that came to him to ask about the recent events, he believed the names were Deuce and Ace.

Maybe he could tell them. No, he couldn't tell anyone even if his life depended on it. He had to obey the king. He had to obey to Leona. The decision to telling the truth and lying made unbearable that Jack went back to Savanaclaw exhausted. In hopes that he made the right decision in not telling anyone about what Leona and Ruggie were doing, he decided to seek guidance from Y/n who could probably be the only person to help him in a situation like this. Jack knocked on Y/n's door.

"Jack? It's late, what are you doing? Come in." Jack came inside the room.

Y/n's room wasn't as plain as it was before. It has pictures of family, some books covering the shelves, clothes on the floor and a jar of google eyes.

"Sorry for disturbing you rest but I have something to ask you."

Y/n yawned and sat on their bed as Jack sat on the edge of their bed, "What guidance do you seek?"

"Well, I have a friend who feels as if he has to make two very hard decisions. There's a problem that needs to be fixed but the people he is loyal to, are the ones who started the problem. The first decision is either to tell everyone who is causing the problem and the second decision is not tell anyone so that way everyone is happy. What should I- I mean my friend do?"

Y/n thought about it for a little bit, "I think your friend should tell someone. If it's a problem, it will only get worse, in order to fix the problem while it's small you must tell someone so you can fix it right away. Besides, I think this friend of yours needs to understand that doing the right thing sometimes means you have to lower you pride and break some rules even if it's makes people unhappy, in the end it will make everyone happy."

Jack felt a sudden realization hit him. What Y/n said was right, his pride and rules were getting in the way of doing something right which he should've done. Jack knew that even if the dorm wouldn't be able to play for the Magift tournament, he did the right thing, but yet...

Y/n had trained hard for the tournament. He didn't want to let them down. But yet, Y/n said to do the right thing and Y/n said that even if everyone is unhappy they will feel happy. Y/n would be happy in the decision Jack had made at this moment at that decision was to tell someone. Jack wanted to thank Y/n but they were sleeping soundly. It was late and he had disturbed them with his inner turmoil. He felt better talking after to Y/n about this.

"Thank you,"Jack whispered.

He quietly put a blanket over Y/n and tucked them in. He smiled at his senpai, he really wanted Y/n to be happy even though Savanaclaw wouldn't be able to play this year.

"Senpai..."

Sorry! I'm trying to add in Vil but his time to shine isn't yet. I promise that this story really is a Vilxreader so please wait.

Thank you for continuing to read my book and supporting me.