9

1st Person POV

The day had just started and the headaches were coming. Since I came back from the Magift club I don't remember a thing, last night was hazy. But this usually happens but I always hate the process. Nothing I can do about it and headaches weren't going away with just any kind of pills.

I have to be careful. Whatever happened yesterday may have not been good. Someone may have found me out since I do remember voices, although it's really hazy I know there was a voice. I also got a cut on my arm. Don't know where that's from.

I sigh. I should've skipped school. My brain is full of suffocated thoughts that I can't focus on this lesson.

"Are you okay?" Jade whispers to me hoping that Trein wouldn't hear us.

"I'm fine. Just a really bad headache is all." I rub the sides of my heads. This technique wasn't really helping but it did relieve enough.

"Meet me later at lunch." I smiled a little. My new friend really did care about me.

-

It was lunch time now and I was happy. But Jade made me walk to Octanvinelle with him to help me with my headache.

"I'll make you a drink. It has always helped me whenever I had headaches or felt tired." Jade poured something it this machine.

This smell... it smelled wonderful.

He poured the mixture into a cup very smoothly and passed it to me, "It's called coffee."

I smell the sweet bitter smell of the coffee. I take a sip. My headache was starting to feel better already.

"Thank you Jade."

"No problem. In the ocean, there isn't a place to grow coffee beans because it's too cold and not well for coffee beans to grow. So when I first tasted coffee for the first time I felt a calming sensation. I'm still working on my coffee brewing skills."

"No need. It's delicious. If you weren't working for Azul you would've been able to beat him with your cooking skills." Jade smiles happily. His real smile made me also smile. His smile was kind of creepy but nonetheless, happy.

"Lunch will be over soon. Quickly drink that up so we can get to class."

I drink the rest of the coffee. I now felt relieved. My headache felt like it was going away already.

Jade and I headed back to the school. He and I had were heading to Chemistry class, Mr. Crewel's class. I thought his class was the most funnest class other than Mr. Vargas' class. Jade also enjoyed Mr. Crewel's class very much.

Now that I think about it. I'm starting to change a lot ever since I enter red this school. I feel more relaxed somehow. At RSA, I would always have to be friendly with others and not talk about much besides classes, parties, and other nice things. Here, on the other hand, everyone talked about each other, was rough with one another and stayed in their groups. I was learning how to be independent again, something I had forgotten when I went to RSA.

Why do I keep talking about RSA?

"Class, today we will be picking mandragora in the botanical garden today. The second years will help the first years pick and gather mandragora's. Y/n, since you're new I'll have another second year assist you." Mr. Crewel said. I didn't know who would be my partner for today, but I knew Jade wasn't going to be my partner or Riddle.

"Hi, there! I'm Kalim! I'm your partner for today. What's your name?" The dark skinned boy asked me. This boy was actually quite a looker. He had nice eyes, a nice face, nice hair, and nice personality. If he were that good looking, smart and rich he'd definitely be a winner.

"I'm Y/n. So what do we do for today's assignment? I didn't work with mandragora's in my school."

Mandragora's were little plant creatures that would scream so loud that you had to bury them to mute them. Their scream was so loud that it could kill someone just by listening and once they're plucked from the dirt, they can move, so you had to be careful with them.

"Well, we have to wear out ear plugs. Once you do, you have to grab them really tight and tie them in a bag. I think..."

"You think? I'll just ask Mr. Crewel," Mr, Crewel was helping some other students with the mandragora's, I didn't want to disturb him and I didn't want my partner and I to pluck mandragora's out when we weren't even sure, "Never mind. He's seems so I guess we'll just wait."

"Oh, I know. Let's ask Jamil. Jamil!" Another dark skinned boy was here and came towards us.

"What is it Kalim? I have to help my first year." Jamil didn't seem very nice, nor was he impolite in anyway. The feeling just from his voice made you shiver a little.

"I need help. Can you help me teach Y/n. I forgot." Kalim said a little disappointed in himself for forgetting again.

"First you put your ear plugs on. Then, you grab the creature like this. Put your ear plugs on," Kalim and I put in our earplugs and Jamil grabbed the leaves of the creature, "Have a tight grip!"

Jamil put the mandragora into the bag and tied it quickly and tightly.

"Continue doing that until your sack gets full. Then go get some more sacks from Mr. Crewel." Jamil said and left us to go to his first year. That first year looked a bit familiar for some reason.

"You heard him Y/n. Let's start digging!" Kalim yelled. He was probably louder than the mandragora's but I wasn't sure. I never heard them before.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" The mandragora's were really annoying.