49

Y/n's POV

It was such an exhausting week. Doing dances and celebrations for those of age and having fun tired me out and I was not looking forward to school. I wanted to lay in bed or lay down forever. I sound like Leona.

Geez. As I walked downstairs to the delicious smell of food and...

"Vil?"

Vil stood up from his seat with wide eyes. I was as shocked as he was.

"What're you doing here?"

-Flashback a week before-

I headed back home, I was excited for the celebration and since I was now 18 I could finally get what I always wanted as a child...

A special outfit!

In my village we celebrate the 18th birthday since it's shows that you're basically an adult. You get a special clothing for yourself which was so beautiful. Every men and women in the village would wear their outfits, the ones who aged even wore theirs. I loved the event.

My grandpa dropped me off and headed back home. I headed deep into the woods and found my way back to the village. I almost forgot that I would also have a longer event since I have the beast men blood.

Long time ago there was a selfish who turned away a witch. The witch cursed him and he turned into a beast. Years later a beautiful woman came and the beast took her. The two fell in love and the curse was broken. But even after the curse was broken it turned out the prince still had some magic left and could turn into a beast whenever he wanted to.

That's the history of my village. There are fewer people who have the beast men blood. I have the beast men blood, so does my dad and my brother but my mom is an outsider so she doesn't have any beast men blood.

I like to think that my dad was the prince and my mom was the princess of the story. For years they tricked me into thinking that.

"Hey Y/n!" My brother, Langa, yelled. He came running towards me and gave my his monstrous hug.

"Circulation! I need blood circulation!" I tried to breathe out.

"Are ya excited for ya big birthday event?"

"Am I? I've been looking forward to it all week!"

We both got inside the house and I rested for the day. The next day would be more exhausting than today.

-flash back ends-

"I have to go Vil but I'll be back soon. My family can keep you company if they don't cause any trouble." I smiled and glared at my troublesome brother.

My family was intense and I wouldn't have that. Vil wasn't intense as them. My mom and I left Vil with my dad and brother with the both of us hoping they wouldn't go too hard core on them.

"Mom, why'd you marry dad?"

"Oh, what's with the sudden question?"

"I don't know. I think I haven't really asked you about your relationship. When you think about it, you and dad must've been lucky to meet one another since you were an outsider and dad wasn't."

My mom smiled softly at the memories, "I met your dad in the woods when your grandpa was lost. I found your grandpa but it was also your dad who helped him take salvation in the village. I think it was your dad's hidden kindness that moved me. Love just happens, you don't know when or why but love is something that doesn't really need reason."

I didn't quite understand was saying when she said that love happened and you wouldn't know when or why. Love seemed something that was far beyond my reach. I never even thought about love.

"So... about you and Vil. He seems nice." My mom gave me that look. The look where they wouldn't want to pry but the want to know everything look.

"Nothing's happening. Vil is just my senior who happens to be my best friend."

"Really? I see. But why would Vil come all the way over here? You may just see him as your best friend but it probably doesn't seem that way to him. Gosh, my children are so eye catching!" My mom laughed but I didn't. My face seemed to be so warm.

Why was Vil here? Did he like me? Do I feel the same?

Thump, thump! Thump, thump!

My heart is acting crazy right now. Do I like Vil?

After doing some errands as doing the final part of the event; which was to transform into my beast form and be blessed by the ancestors. This part of the ritual would be done alone so my mom didn't continue the journey with me.

I breathed in deep. It was hard to keep this form without an owner. I was out in the woods, the dark wood was enclosing me. To pass this final test was a mystery. This test would prove that you're someone who can be independent and strong.

I closed my eyes. Think, think! How do I pass this test?

'Y/n.' I felt a hand brush my cheek. It was the same hand as before.

I opened my eyes and saw Vil. Vil?

Why was Vil here? Why was I thinking of Vil?

'Love just happens, you don't know when or why but love is something that doesn't really need reason.'

I opened my eyes -for real this time- and saw a valley of roses everywhere. It was so beautiful and wonderful. This was my magic. I passed.

Mwhahaha! I have nothing to do today so I made another chapter. I'm on a roll here! I feel so proud of myself but this won't last long so I'll try to make more chapters. Hopefully I can end this book soon. Maybe I'll do a time skip.

How do you guys feel about a time skip? Don't worry it's not like 10 years later it's just a few months.