41

I've never written a book this long before. But surprise I actually have to do a last minute trip to a wedding out of state but I'll try to post a chapter soon! But I need to point out that if I write in third character or first POV and accidentally use the words 'she', 'her' or any words describing woman is an accident since this book is for both boy and girls. If I do have too much of feminine scenes that you dislike I'll try my best to keep things neutral.

"Huahhhhhhhh!" I breath in some air very loudly. The swim was very quick that I was able to hold my breath the entire swim. I got out of the water and shook myself off a bit so I wasn't so wet. Jade and Floyd transformed back into their human forms and Kalim and Azul used their magic to let them dry. I also dried myself with magic and we all sneaked inside the dorm.

The dorm was eerie and covered in dark shadows. The closer we got to Jamil, the more we could feel the density of the darkness. As we got closer it felt more suffocating but I managed my breathing. It helped me a little.

"We're almost there." Azul said. I nodded my head. I needed to be prepared to use my unique magic, since Jamil is very powerful I only have one chance.

We enter the room slowly and hear the entranced students give Jamil praises. He laughs, "Give me more praises!"

Azul smiles and hints to us to follow, "You are incredibly handsome..."

"Tall and dark." I mention.

"And?" Jamil says with his eyes closed, indulging himself in the compliments.

"Your eyes are so angular, so intelligent." Jade says. Jamil tells us to keep going.

Floyd smiles, "So well dressed."

"You just look strong, y'know!" Kalim says. Surprisingly Jamil doesn't notice Kalim's voice.

"You're so dreamy." I give one last compliment.

"Hmmm... what a wonderful compliment. Geh," he opens his eyes in surprise to seeing all of us, "You're all here! I thought I threw you to the end of the dessert, how could you get here in such a short amount of time?"

Kalim explained, "I used my unique magic to fill up a dried up river and we swam our way back."

Floyd complained about the swim but Jamil ignored him, "Oh, so it seems your magic isn't as useless. I thought it would be used to water plants or such."

Kalim talked back, "Jamil, I now know how you truly feel about me. You are without a doubt a cowardly traitor!"

I gasp loudly. What? It's the meanest thing I've ever heard Kalim say that was true. I'm so proud of him but feel so sad at the same time, he's all grown up.

Jamil only smiled, "Are you dumb? You fell for the skeptical."

"I challenge you for being dorm head that you stole... I plan on getting it back!" I clapped silently in my head as I saw my Kalim stand up for what's right.

"Stole it? Big talk! You stole everything from me!" Jamil released a atmospheric magic, "I'll let you get a taste of my full power! Hahaha!"

The battle had begun. I only had one chance, one chance! Jamil started attacking us with his magic. A big huge blob came from behind him and it seemed he was also controlling it. I was scared but I knew this could only be settled if we had stopped him. I wasn't strong enough though.

"I can't attack him yet, he's too strong. We need to fight him until his magic is a bit weaker. Any weakness will do." I said to them. They only nodded and started attacking Jamil.

Jamil didn't seem to be running out of energy or magic. I need an opening, any opening.

I got it!