They sat back down.

"Tubbo Smith? Your partner is JSchlatt. Tubbo, Schlatt, please stand up."

Tubbo sighed and stood up, seeing his mentor stand up and send him a peace sign. He thinks he's so cool, Tubbo thought, somewhat spitefully, having wanted Wilbur.

As he sat down he could practically feel the jealousy oozing off his friend and prepared for the verbal assault he would be enduring in the hallway.

As soon as they were dismissed and kids started shuffling about and talking, it began.

"This is so not fair!" Tommy exclaimed. "How do you get to be with Schlatt while I have to be with Wilbur?"

"You think I'm happy about this?!" Tubbo argued, arms crossed and a frown on his face as they walked to history class. "You should realize how lucky you are to get partnered with Wilbur."

"Lucky? Wilbur is annoying and Schlatt is funny – how am I lucky?"

"Whatever," Tubbo grumbled.

---

"Maybe there's some way we can switch partners," Tommy said as they worked on their math homework. "How much have you gotten done?" Tubbo asked, ignoring the comment. "Two."

"You've only finished two problems?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing, I guess."

Then a minute later, "Do you need help?"

"No."

But Tommy pushed his notebook over slightly so Tubbo could see his work, and soon enough they were going over it and figuring it out together.

The next day was a Friday and their morning classes were canceled for a mentorship program activity since the teachers wanted the partners to get to know each other better.

"What do you think it's gonna be?" Tommy asked, nearly vibrating with excitement - he absolutely loved competitions of any kind. "I heard a rumor that the teachers set up really shitty escape rooms for us to get through," someone who had overheard their conversation said. Tommy scrunched his nose up and acted disinterested but they both knew he would be invested in the competition within the first few minutes.

"You'll be in groups of four and have forty minutes to work through your assigned escape rooms. A list of the classroom you're in is hung up on the bulletin board here," one of the teachers said, pointing to a sheet with three columns - fives, nines, and classroom numbers.

Lo and behold, when Tubbo and Tommy checked the list, they were in the same room. "Yes!" Tommy whispered, quietly pumping his fist in the air. "Aw, I didn't know you were so clingy," Tubbo joked, and Tommy turned to him with a face that said he was about to start yelling.

"I'm not clingy, you're the clingy one, bitch! I'm only happy because I get to be in the same room as Schlatt, who you should not be partnered with by the way, and who should definitely, absolutely for sure be my mentor because he's so cool."

"I didn't know I had fans," A deep voice said from behind him, and he only now noticed the hand Tubbo had gripped tightly over his mouth to conceal his cackling.

Tommy turned, slowly, to see a 'Clickbait' logo of a sweatshirt directly in front of his face. He moved his eyes upward to see a smirking Schlatt standing there.

His face went red.

Tommy resorted, as he often does, to anger and shouting.

"I'm not your fan, bitch! You're ugly and smell like a peacock and you suck."