Chapter 24

Kasumi slowly regained consciousness after a few minutes. She woke to see Takemichi beating up by Taiju.

Hakkai and Chifuyu cried out to him to stop but he didn't listen.

" If I win, the Black Dragon is mine," Takemichi declared.

Taiju continuously beat up Takemichi, but Takemichi never backed down. As Taiju punched him, Takemichi charged forward and punched Taiju's face. While Takemichi was blown away, Taiju took a knee.

As Takemichi slowly stood up," Even the smallest chance....that I can change the future, then isn't it worth risking my life for?"

" Hakkai, fighting on isn't painful. The most painful thing is loneliness."

When hearing Takemichi's words, Kasumi began to rethink all of her decisions that she made in the past. Heh, I'm really am an idiot...

" You can talk to me about anything. We're friends right?" Takemichi continued.

Hakkai dropped to his knees with tears," please help me! "

" Leave it to me, Hakkai," Takemichi responded.

" Boss took a knee!!"

" Toman's captains are just badass," Mitsuya grinned.

" Holy sh*t, partner," Chifuyu responded in shock.

" I'll protect Yazuha," Takemichi said.

" No, you got it wrong. My face doesn't get any bruises right?... Even though Yazuha...been bloody and beaten up. I wanted to protect my family, but I never have the gut to face Taiju. Instead, I've been protected this whole time. I lied! Yazuha has been protecting me this whole time," Hakkai confessed with a teary face.

" Everything about protecting Yazuha....was a lie?" Takemichi asked.

" I told you everything Yazuha did but made it sound like I'm doing it for it her," Hakkai answered.

" That's.... really sh*tty of you," Chifuyu spoke.

" Lame..." Inupi uttered.

" Heh, it's bad enough to have a girl to protect you, but lie about protecting her. That's low," Koko chuckled.

" It's none of your business!!! It's my choice!! Don't blame Hakkai," Yazuha defended Hakkai.

" I lied and dragged you all into this. I ran away from my weakness," Hakkai cried.

" YOU SUCK!! " Takemichi shouted.

" But I suck more than you," Takemichi spoke.

" Yup, you really suck, Hakkai. I told you to not hate the situation you were born into. But in reality, I really hate mine. Once when I couldn't stand it, I ran away; leaving my two younger sisters behind. When I came back home in the morning, my mom slapped me. That's really lame, right? Then, she hugged me; saying," I'm sorry that you have to put up with this." " Mitsuya said.

" You're not the only one who wants to run away," Mitsuya continued.

" We're all weak!! That's why we got family. We won't abandon you over something like that! That's what Toman's about" Takemichi announced.

Mitsuya, Chifuyu, and Takemichi stood up ready to face their opponent again. Kasumi stood up to help them, but Mitsuya told her to protect Yazuha.

Hakkai, with a new profound determination, stood up. He took his jacket off and confront Taiju," thank you. You all look beat to sh*t. I'm not afraid anymore. Taiju, I will never wear the Black Dragon uniform again!"