Chapter 7

The next day

Morning

"His name is Takara Daisuke. He just moved here from Yokohoma. Please welcome him and makes him feel at home. Okimoto-san please give him a tour during lunch. Takara-san, do you have any words for your classmates?" the teacher introduced the new transfer student.

"Pleasure to meet all of you," Daisuke bowed.

Lunch break

Kasumi gave Daisuke a school tour. During this tour, it was full of silence except for the noises around them and when Kasumi explained the schedule and what the rooms are used for.

"Can I go to the rooftop?" Daisuke asked.

Kasumi didn't say anything. She continued to walk upstairs; expecting Daisuke to follow her.

"Seriously, this silent, awkward atmosphere is killing me. Say something would you?" Daisuke complained as Kasumi opened the door to the rooftop.

"I honestly have nothing to say," Kasumi replied bluntly.

"Ehh...there should many things for you to say...!" Daisuke said.

"About what?" Kasumi asked.

"I don't know...food....school....family....goals..." Daisuke tried to explain which cause a laugh from Kasumi.

"You're really funny," Kasumi laughed softly.

"Wait...that was an act!!" Daisuke shouted.

"And you fell for it..." Kasumi tried to hold her laugh.

"Tsk.... your acting is so real... I can't tell the difference between fake and real," Daisuke sighed.

The metal door opened revealing Aki carrying 3 Yakisoba buns, and 3 milk boxes along with homemade lunches.

"The two of you forgot your lunches," Aki gave them the lunch boxes along with the milk box.

"You didn't buy the fresh, original milk..." Kasumi said.

"No complaints. There are what they have left," Aki sighed.

"What's wrong with drinking chocolate milk or strawberry milk...there're just the same expect for flavors," Daisuke asked.

"They're too sweet," Kasumi replied.

"Really?" Daisuke decided to take a sip from the milk carton. He was about to spit the milk out but forced himself to swallow it.

"Yup...it's too sweet," Daisuke said.

"See, Aki, go and buy us the original milk," Kasumi turned to her step-brother.

"I'm not your servant. I already said it, they ran out of those milk. If you're unsatisfied with what I bought for you then go and buy it at a convenience store," Aki scolded.

"Ehh...you're so cruel~" Kasumi complained causing irks marks to appear on Aki's forehead.

"Go buy them yourself. Don't go and complain to me," Aki almost lost his temper.

"Actually, the chocolate milk tastes fine," Daisuke suddenly said as he guzzled the milk.

Aki and Kasumi watched; dumbfoundedly.

How did he drink the entire milk injust one gulp...

"What are you looking at? Hurry and eat up before the food gone cold," Daisuke was clueless toward the step-siblings' expression.