Chapter Twenty Seven

"And speak to people kindly." 2:83

By Allah it cost absolutely nothing to be a kind and generous human, this life is too short to be speaking rudely to people, humble yourself.

(I'd advice y'all to read the previous chapter, so that you can be on the same page here<>)
Thank you.

Hammannurs pov

"Why are you being stubborn?" I question the petite lady sitting opposite me. "Oh now i am being stubborn?" She roll her eyes at me,

I shrug: "You don't wanna understand."

"Understand? You want me to understand that you are married now?" Lubab is almost yelling now.

"I mean- yes!" Is it hard to process that?!

She looks somewhat hurt? "Just like that? After all we had Hammannur?" Her voice drop to an octave.

"I'm sorry okay?" I don't know what else to say: "But i can't remember having anything with you besides friendship."

"I should've known, y'all are just the same." She whispers to her self, "You friend zoned me right? You didn't have any feelings for me, you just wanted to play me right?" Lubabs eyes are filled with tears.

I am so confused, i thought we were just friends?!

"Feelings? Lubabatu you're getting all these wrong, we are frien-"

"No we are not and we were never, you knew i liked you and don't you dare deny that." She is crying now,

"I'm sorry, i never mean to hurt you Lubab, but i am married now and i love my wife." I inform her, she is shooting daggers at me.

She sniff: "Of course, i just want you to know that you've broken my heart and right now, I'll never forgive you, i don't know i might later in life but right now? YOU ARE THE MOST HEARTLESS PERSON I'VE EVER MET, I hate you Hammannur, and by Allah i regret that Wednesday evening we met." She push the table, pick her bag and saunter out of the restaurant, and i am just staring at her retrieving back.

Allah is my witness, i never mean to harm or hurt anyone,

And i can actually relate to what she is feeling, it is the exact feeling i felt when Khadijah, my first love got married.

So in a way- history kinda repeats itself?!

But look at me now, happy and moved on, she will be alright too.

She just needs time.

Fingers on my chin remembering the words my wife told me when we were in Italy;

"So we'll end up both hurt?"

"Love is pain."

Her words are true after all, not that i didn't know love isn't entirely beautiful.

***

The sun is shining brightly above us, the horses galloping and jumping as we continue practice, this time not for any tournament rather just for fun.

It's a Sunday evening, and you can tell that we're enjoying our weekend.

After a couple of minutes we decide to just hop off the beautiful creations and go back to our homes- speaking of homes, Mus'ab is getting hitched in the next two Fridays in shaa Allah.

Masha Allah he pulled a hot cake, his wife to be is so pretty, she is Yemeni but they live here in kano state and she loves the boy a lil too much if you ask me, lol. {I love people in love🥹}