051. 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝

4x18 American Gothic

Kalani sighs as she hops in the back of Damon's car. "Can we leave cause I'm bored," she says looking at her uncles. "Fine," Damon says before he and Stefan get in the front seats. The car starts and Kalani moves forward to put on a song.

"Can you turn your hippie music off?" Damon asks as Chase Atlantic's music fills the air. "No," she lays down and puts her feet over the car door. "Put your feet down," Damon says before Kalani's childlike laughs fill the air with Chase Atlantic. "Your laugh sounds the same," he says slightly turning the music down.

"What are you on about?" Kalani asks closing her eyes. "I remember when you were little your mom used to braid your hair and you'd always laugh like that. Then you guys would go out for ice cream and you'd always come back covered in it. You were a very messy kid," Damon says as Stefan laughs.

"And you loved hot chocolate. Used to make me make it to you before bed," he adds. "That's so adorable I might just yack in a bowl," Kalani says before moving over to turn the music up. "Wake me up when we get somewhere," she says before falling asleep.

"Ladies," Damon says when they walk into the diner to see Rebekah about to break Katherine's wrist. "Watch out. She's delicate," Kalani jokes with a smile on her face. "Speaking of delicate. Where is my darling sister," Kalani asks as Rebekah moves over to let the girl sit.

"No, if I tell you, you're gonna shove the cure down her throat and I'll end up in a box," Rebekah explains. "First of all, my sister is not getting that cure. Neither of us is. We dont want it and second of all, you're way too pretty to be in a box," Kalani says removing a piece of Rebekah's hair from her neck.

"Kalani, no," Damon speaks up. "Yes," Kalani says with a smile. "No," Katherine says as Kalani glares at the woman before shrugging. "Kalani," Stefan says as Kalani sighs. "Fine, no," she says moving her hand away from Rebekah. "Honestly surprised seeing that Rebekah is exactly your type," Damon speaks up.

"She doesn't have a type," Stefan and Katherine say. "She does. Bonnie, Adelaide, and Rebekah, what do they have in common? Two powerful witches and an Orginal Vampire. Kalani adores power," Damon explains.

"No, I'm not listening to you as you pretend to know who I am. Instead, I'm getting a drink," Kalani says getting up and walking away. She walks into the kitchen compelling the lady to give her some space. "I know who you are kid," Damon says walking into the kitchen. "You don't. You have no idea who I am," Kalani says not looking up.

"But I do. I know you like reading preferably poetry but you like a few novels. You like soft music, butterflies, and you love tea, you say it makes you feel warm on the inside. You also love coke but you only drink it at night because you say it makes you feel weird in a good way which makes zero sense but it was something you use to do with your dad growing up so no one questions it. And you love painting because you use to do it with your mother. You would always end up covered in it and God you couldn't wait to be a big sister," he says and laughs.

"Stop doing that," Kalani says and gets up. "Stop acting like you're my dad cause you're not. You killed my parents and sister so don't you dare sit there and talk about them like you didn't. You are the reason I felt like everyone I loved was gonna betray me because you were the first one to break my heart. When I was little I use to think that you were so cool and I honestly adored you. I thought you were gonna be my best friend which is funny because you're the reason I'm fucked up," Kalani says grabbing a bottle of gin and walking to the door.

"You're right. I'm not your dad but I think he would be just as disappointed in you as I am," he says as she stops at the door. "I dont care," she says turning to him. "Another way you fucked me up. I dont have my humanity so I dont care," she says and she notices it. He's looking at her necklace as she lets out a chuckle.