032. 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆

3x22 The Departed

Kalani sits in her car as she takes a sip of vodka. "Kal," a voice says as she turns to see Ginny getting into the passenger's seat. "Hey," she says handing her the flask. "Ric, uh, he killed Klaus," Ginny says as Kalani nods.

"You know what that means?" She asks as she nods again. "It means Max and I are gonna die," she says as Ginny nods. "I thought it would've happened by now," she says taking a sip of vodka. "I'm surprised you're not screaming or something," she says as Kalani shrugs. "What's the point of being upset," she responds.

"Is this about-" Ginny tries to ask but she cuts him off. "Yeah and I know it might seem foolish to you. But even though our time together was only a dent in the universe's timeline, it will always be my infinity because it was her. When nothing else made sense I had her," Kalani explains.

"The world can be a cruel place but just know everything is happening for a reason," Ginny explains. "Please stop trying to feed me your Christian bullshit. No offense, but where is your God? Where is he? Because I can't see him or feel him. I'm all alone and no God can fix that," Kalani explains.

"But you're not. You've never been alone Kal, and as long as we're here you'll never be alone," Ginny says before there's knocking on the window as they turn to see Max. The words coming out of his mouth seemed to come out in slow motion. Ric is dead which meant Elena was dead and before Kalani could stop them, tears started falling. It felt like she had started crying when her mom died and never stopped and she knew in her heart that she would always be crying.