002. 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆

Kalani sits at the bar before Adelaide walks up to her. "What you got behind your back?" She asks as Adelaide moves her hand from behind her back to reveal a cupcake with a candle on it. "Jesus," she says with a sigh.

"Come on, we've been torturing someone random guy all day. Just make a wish and I'll get off your back," Adelaide says as Kalani nods. "Fine, only because I really want the cupcake," Kalani says before blowing out the candle.

"What did you wish for?" Adelaide asks smiling. "I wished you would stop acting like my girlfriend because we aren't together, we're just fucking," Kalani says as Adelaide scoffs. "Well, excuse me for trying to be more than a hook up to you," she says as Kalani smiles. "That's it. You care too much. Let it go," Kalani says taking a sip of her drink.

"Not all of us have fancy switches in our head where we can just turn off our emotions," Adelaide says as Kalani nods. "Well, try because if not I'll just send you back to Marcus," Kalani says before Adelaide holds out her hand and closes her fist as the blonde feels a pain in her hand. "Never mention him again," she says as Kalani groans gripping her head before Adelaide opens her hand and the pain stops.

"Good girl," she says looking at the dark-haired girl with a smirk. "What's wrong with you?" Adelaide asks as Kalani pulls out a chair. "Too much," she says as Adelaide sits down next to her before Kalani hands her, her drink. "Drink up. We have a long night ahead of us," she says as Adelaide finishes the drink.

Later Kalani sits on her bed to see Adelaide asleep next to her. She picks up her phone before dialing an all too familiar number. "Hello," the voice says on the other end. "Happy birthday. I'm glad you're not dead," she says. "Kal-" Elena says before Kalani hangs up and crushed the phone in her hand and lays back down next to Adelaide.