Chapter Four. Creeper

Chapter Four           

Calluh. Calluh. Calluh. Like the lily.

That’s all I could think of. Her. Her face. Her voice. Calluh.

I missed her. Calluh.

Her name repeated in my head as I fell asleep. And yes, I did dream about her.

The next day I was excited to get to school, and I kind of rushed to school without breakfast. I was well rested, and I looked better than usual.

I was a man on a mission.

I went to the library, figuring she would be there. And to my luck, she was.

I sat at the table and the first thing that popped up in my head was yesterday when she kicked me in my parts with her mind. It was bad.

She looked up from her book and smiled a little bit.

“Hello Calluh.” I said extending the length of her name without thinking.

She didn’t answer right away and she put her book down. My stomach turned.

“Hello Christian.” She finally replied.

My smile had to be huge because she laughed a little. I felt like a little kid. She pushed her book a little more to the side and her eyes studied my face, which made me nervous.

I didn’t know what to really say to her, because my mind hadn’t really planned this out. I didn’t think I’d even get this far. Yet, here I am about to have a conversation with this new girl. That has beautiful blue eyes and soft brow-

“Uhm, can I ask why you’re staring? I mean, this is what you wanted right? A conversation?”

She snapped me out of my own head, and I crashed back into reality pretty hard. For the first time in my life, my cheek got red and hot. Oh Baby Jesus, what is this girl doing to me?

“Y...yeah definetly. This is what I wanted, I mean...since you didn’t talk to me yesterday...and English is a big class to have friends in.” To me that sounded like a good sentence.

Her face went blank. Oh no.

Then she burst out laughing, she was laughing so hard that her eyes had tears in them. I was extremely confused.

“Did I make a joke?” I asked after a few seconds of her insane laughter.

She calmed down slowly; still letting a few stray giggles slip out. And she nodded. My mind went blank again.

Now to let you slip into the mind of a guy.

When she calmed down, her cheeks were pink and she had a smile on her face as big as mine was walking in here. The sparkle in her eyes was brighter than ever. I was studying her face, her soft black eyeliner, it was lightly applied and made her eyes the thing you focused on. The soft pink of her cheeks. The shine of her lip gloss over her perfect lips.

My eyes trailed down. A tank top with a heart and jeans shorts.  And flip flops.

She stood up and crawled over the desk, and she put her hand on my cheek and kissed me.

And I kissed back an-

“Earth to Christian! Are you in there?” She said loud enough for everyone to look. I was staring at her again.

Smooth. Real smooth Chris.

“Yeah, I’m here.” I said.

“Well. Were English buddies now, right? Let’s get going.”

I was extremely surprised that she was being so nice to me after yesterday. I was surprised she talked to me at all. In English Ms. Klein assigned the first project of the year. It was a solo project and it made my heart drop a little bit.

Calluh looked at me when the bell rang and gave a playful smile. “Well, so much for needing a buddy for English. I’ll see you around creeper.”

I guess I deserved that for staring.

I watched her leave, and that was the only good part about the day.

She wasn’t in the library or the cafeteria at lunch and I didn’t spot her in any of the hallways. It was like she disappeared off the face of the earth. I wasn’t listening to any of my teacher. None of my friends either. All I had in my mind was one thing.

Calluh.

Like the lily.