I Hate You I Love You

Anna was being escorted to her apartment by Silas. They were crossing the pedestrian bridge at the time. She took a moment to admire the city lights. Silas came to a halt next to her and gave her a soft look.

"What?" She gave him a warm smile when she noticed his soft eyes on her. He just shook his head and didn't respond to her.

"Please, tell me. What exactly are you staring at?" She encircled his waist with her arms.

Silas kissed her crown in a feather touch kiss and said, "Just admiring your beautiful face."

"You're something, aren't you?" She walked alongside him. She wanted to intertwine her fingers with his as she looked at his palm, but she refrained.

Silas noticed a small smile on his normally frowning face. He quickly took her hand in his and firmly intertwined it with hers.

When they were in front of Anna's apartment, she blushed. She shifted her gaze to him.

She looked at him and said, "Go back safely."

"Do you really want me to return? Are you certain, wifey?" He made fun of her for the previous altercation with the cab driver.

"Just go," she said, but he grabbed her and pressed her against his chiselled chest.

"What? You're not going to molest me any longer?" He teased her once more. Anna fixed her gaze on his dark blue eyes. He was enigmatic and dangerous. She is aware of her surroundings. But he didn't want to go too far into the unknown.

"What exactly do you do?" She brushed his hairs away from his face. Silas became stiff all of a sudden. "I'll let you know when time arrives." He was adamant about not leaving right now.

He wished to linger a little longer. When Anna felt he wouldn't let go of her, she smiled.

"Would you like to come in for a drink?" she asks.

"Are you certain?" He gave her a side looped smirk and devilish eyes. Her heart beat a little faster. They both came inside after she opened her front door.

When she returned with two glasses of whiskey, he sat in the living room. She handed him a glass and said, "It will help you with the wound." Silas smiled and drank a glass of water.

"Is that you?" He pointed to a wall covered in family photos. He studied the photographs of her with other relatives and members of her family.

He pointed at her childhood photograph and asked, "Who is that?"

"That's me with my best friends since I was a kid." Those are King's siblings." As she stood with the other kids, Anna looked at Anthony, who was clinging to Zachary's shoulder.

" What about those two?" Two more boys caught his attention.

"That's Elijah and his cousin Elias." She had a sad smile on her face. Silas was finally learning something about the King's business. But he wanted to know what had happened to them from her.

" Where are they now?" he inquired, a curious expression on his face.

"Zachary passed away many years ago. I don't want to discuss it. Sorry." She shifted her gaze to avoid his gaze.

He tried to change the subject by saying, "You have your mother's eyes."

"I know," she said, smiling at a portrait of her mother holding her and her father hugging them from behind.

"She died when I was about twelve years old. I don't recall much else except that I was admitted to the hospital because I was suffering from a severe fever at the time. As a result, I didn't say goodbye to my mother "She was lying to herself.