Nobody Knows Me Better Than You

"Please, Estelle, don't abandon me! Please bear with me a little longer!" Stefan Russo screamed helplessly at his wife.

He knew that giving birth in the woods wasn't an option, but she got into accident while camping, and Stefan, was all alone in the woods with his heavily pregnant wife with no source communication due to storm and thunder.

It was, after all, her child. Stefan now wished he'd been able to take her somewhere else, but they were stuck in the woods due to a storm.

Stefan was crying and clinging to her hand with both hands. "Stefan..." Estelle murmured softly. "What exactly is it, Est? I promise you'll get through this!" Stefan couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his face.

Estelle became aware of the wet spots on her blanket caused by his tears. "Stef... I really like you... And I'm looking forward to us becoming a happy family... To have picnics in the park... And to take vacations "Her voice had faded away.

"No!" Stefan became agitated. "I promise, Estelle, that we will be the best family in the world and do all of those things! Please don't let me down! To be strong, I need you by my side! Please stick with me!" Stefan was sobbing now, and he wasn't even trying to stop himself.

He clutched her hand tightly, as if he wouldn't let go. "Stef... Please promise me you'll look after our child..." As she looked at the little new born baby, Estelle barely had enough strength to whisper.

So she decided to name him "Silas"

"Yes Est, I will promise! But you have to promise me that you'll be here to help me do it! Est!"

Estelle looked up at Stefan and smiled faintly, then closed her eyes. Stefan felt her hand go limp in his.

ESTELLEEEEEEEE!!!! "

He knelt down next to her and sobbed. He cradled his one love's head in his lap and held her lifeless form in his arms. His tears were still streaming down her cheeks, leaving wet trails on her flushed skin. He gave Estelle one last look before gently placing her body on the mattress.

He focused his attention on their newborn son's soft cries. For a brief moment, he realised how much he resembled Estelle. Then he took the baby in his arms and held him close. "Thank you for leaving me such a lovely reminder of you, Estelle." I know you've always wanted a child of your own, and I'm glad you can finally rest easy now that you have one.

I love you Estelle , and I promise to love this child, our child, with as much unconditional love as I can. Thank you."

Stefan spoke quietly to the sleeping child. He was conversing with himself and Estelle, and he had a sneaking suspicion that she could hear him. He put his son in a blanket crib and sat there watching him sleep. He then leaned in and kissed her on the forehead softly.

"Silas... You'll be known as Silas..." He muttered something. "Estelle would be ecstatic to see such a lovely, healthy child. Silas, I adore you." Stefan then sat down next to Estelle and Silas and slept until the break of dawn the next morning.

Silas's mother died when he was born. All he had was his father, whom he also lost.

X-X

"Whether you're paying attention to me or not is up to you. Have you received anything from King's?" Janet inquired, her brows furrowed.

"You know it's not easy," he says, "but I'm working on it." When Silas saw the photos of himself, he frowned.

"Anthony King is a force to be reckoned with." Silas locked his gaze on a photograph of Anthony carrying Bella out of a nightclub.