Chapter 26 - Edited

Start from the beginning

Ava breathe in time with Artemia, tuning into the wolfs mind. The deeper she tuned in, the deeper Ava went inside of her friends dreams.

Artemia seemed to be fine. She was hunting and chasing game around the forest. Playing as a pup and their first change. She was dreaming of all the things that they had done together as one entity. But now that they were separated, did Artemia miss the connection?

Artemia let out a mournful cry in her dream, letting her body drop down to the soft grassy floor. She closed her eyes and let the tears fall. Ava walked slowly towards her wolf friend and crouched down slowly next to her. She rested a hand on the wolfs head and waited for Artemia to open her eyes.

We are alone. Artemia mourned.

We have each other, and always will. Why are you hiding away what you feel?

Only one of us can mourn the loss of the pack at a time.

That's ridiculous.

Artemia let out a puff of warm breath; closing her eyes again she let the image fade until all that was left was white light.

A blank slate.

Ava stood and walked a little ways from Artemia.

We will be fine.

The war draws near.

Yes, it does. We will win the war.

And the battle, Ava. What happens to us after the battle?

Ava merely shrugged. She didn't know who or what she was and needed to find out.

Didn't the fae here seem strange to you?

Yes. They expected us even before we opened the door.

They were waiting for us. Ava murmured. And that means what?

Talk to the fae and see what they say.

Ava turned to see Artemia staring at her in a seated position. She was even taller when she sat down. While standing, Artemia was at least six feet tall. Seated, she was close to seven feet.

It has to do with the power we have inside us. It had to go somewhere.

Ava walked back to Artemia and hugged her tightly.

We're one of a kind. And in dreams we are at least safe. Ava said.

Yes, in dreams we are safe.

Ava walked away, fading slowly from view as she opened her eyes while still in the bathtub. The water had gone cold. She grabbed the towel and stood up, before wrapping the large towel quickly around her body, fastening it tightly. Climbing out of the tub she stepped out to dry herself. The water begun to drain itself down tiny drains all around the bottom rim of the tub. There was multiple hole forming on the base of the tub to make sure the water drained equally. She shook her head in disbelief before walking away toward her clothes. Drying she dressed quickly, while towel drying her long brown hair. She grabbed her toiletries and walked back to the bath tub. She placed her toiletries on the bench and watched as an opal sink appeared. Ava quickly applied deodorant, essential oils, brushed her teeth and wiped her face with a cleansing cloth. Disposing the cleansing cloth into a waste paper basket that began to tear the items to shreds. She only used cotton cloths because she was allergic to everything else.

She saw a fruit basket at the front entrance table and grabbed it, making her way to a lowered sitting areas of lush cushions and seats that looked like giants clouds. She placed the basket on the table in front of her and began to select a few pastries and fruit from the basket. She sniffed the first pastry and took a tentative bite. It was good. Naturally sweet and filling.

She thought about home and what they were all doing since she left. The thought of them, her family and her pack, didn't hurt as much as she thought it would. Understanding the bigger picture, she wouldn't let it. She grabbed another pastry and nibbled on the edges thinking about that weird and horrible day.

It would work out. There was a reason for everything. She knew it. And once she found out who she was now truly, the rest would work itself out.

Right?!

🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿

✨✨✨✨✨✨

😍😍😍😍😍😍

Hey Everyone,

What do you think of this chapter? Let me know in the comments below. This story has taken a turn and I real more energised now with this turn of events.

Thank you so much for reading.

😘Christine

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 for NeoNixButterfly21/Christine