Chapter 20

"Have you ever feel that you've become the main heroine instead of Yeo-Ryeong?"

...

After hearing what Dan-I said, Hye-Na blinked her eyes in confusion for a few seconds and started laughing out loud.

"HAHAHA!! Oh god, my stomach hurts. That's a good joke, Dan-I"

"...Why are you laughing? I was being serious when I asked that..." Dan-I said while looking intently at Hye-Na.

"... Wait for real?" Hye-Na said with a dumbfounded expression on her face.

"You know I'm not the type to joke around when it comes to this kind of topic," Dan-I said with a serious tone.

...

Silence filled the room as the both of them stared at each other, waiting for the other person to initiate the conversation again. Suddenly, Dan-I's phone rang loudly, catching their attention.

"Oh... it's a text from my mom, she wants me to go home now," Dan-I said as she scrolled through her phone.

"But- Sigh... it's already 10 PM, we still have school tomorrow too. Let's just talk about it some other time," Hye-Na said to Dan-I.

"Ok then... Good night Hye-Na, see you tomorrow," Dan-I said with a smile as she stood up from the bed and left Hye-Na's room.

...

After Dan-I left, Hye-Na immediately fell onto her bed and stared blankly into the ceiling. Still thinking about what her best friend said.

"If Dan-I said believes that I'm-..."

Hye-Na paused her mumbling as she stared onto the mirror beside her bed, examining the reflection that used to be so foreign to her.

"I hate myself for feeling happy that there's a probability that I will take something that's supposed to be Yeo-Ryeong's. I'm the worst...".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY, 1-8 CLASSROOM 08.50 AM