040

It was already Halloween, and there is always a party on Halloween night.
Although it would be stupid for me to go, I need to escape.
I haven't slept for a week and I looked like shit, so I will be glad to forget things for one night.

It was 6 am so I decided to put on my tennis shoes, I left the castle and started to run.
The sound of my feet hitting the grass was the only thing I could hear.
The fog over the black lake was eerie but beautiful.

I had to clear my thoughts.
I've been following Draco, never getting any further than before but every time I ask Jack if he knows anything he turns away or starts a different conversation.

As I stopped running to breathe, I noticed that I was standing on a ledge over the black lake, breathing heavily as I looked over the ledge.
Jump.
Jessamine fucking Rivera, you will die.
My mind was fighting itself, but before I could do anything I felt an arm wrap around my waist and throw me back off of the edge.

"Are you fucking stupid?" Draco yelled at me as I choked on my saliva pushing myself off of the ground.
"I wasn't going to jump" I huff as I stand, he grabbed my chin forcefully,
"Do you know what would happen if you jumped?"
"I wasn't-"
"You are the only one keeping your family alive, do you know that?"
"No-"
"Don't ever do that again" Draco let go of my chin with an angry huff and stepped back so I could catch my breath.
"I'm sorry I scared you, but I wasn't going to jump," I pushed past him and walked towards the castle.
I wasn't going to jump.
was I?

..

Clouds formed in the sky and the leaves were blowing in the wind as I found myself outside once again, studying for a test coming up.
I was sitting by the black lake on a stone where I thought about jumping off of moments before.

"Jessa?" A voice I haven't heard in a long time came from behind. Nia.
"Hello," I said, turning around and standing up with a bit of a surprised tone in my voice,
"Where have you been? You look tired Jess" Nia smiled and took a step closer while I took a step back.
Push her away.
"I think you should leave"
"Wait- why?"
"Nia-"
"Please tell me what's wrong-"
"I can't keep surrounding myself with Mudbloods like you" When the words left my mouth I wish I never said anything.
"You don't mean-"
"Oh, I do," I said, a single tear rolled down Nia's cheek and she left without another word.

I balled my fists together as I stood completely still in the fall air.
I wanted to scream but no sound left my mouth.
I started to walk, I didn't know where I would end up but I had to get out.

Fog flooded the field I was in, I was familiar with this place. There weren't the stands of chairs and no maze in front of me but I knew that Cedric died here.
I didn't feel any sadness, I felt peace.
I sat down and closed my eyes, I dug my hands into the soil and let the wind blow my hair back.

"Well, well" It was Jack.
"Go away, Jack"
"Why are you here?"
"I said-"
"This is where your little boyfriend died right?"
"What the fuck-" I stood up and turned to him, balking my fists.
"You're just as sad as Draco said you were"
"Why are you-"
"Shh" Jack put a finger to my lips, and I flinched away.
Why the hell was he acting like this?
"I know who you are, Jessa. I know how powerful you are and I'm going to help you" He scared me, Jack who I thought could be someone I trust is gone, and I wished I could leave but where would I go?

"Leave"
"Oh Jessa-"
"Leave, or I-"
"What, what will you do to stop me?" His words left me speechless and I didn't know what to say, I wanted to let the tears roll down my cheeks.
"Leave me the fuck alone, Jack" I looked down at my hands and I saw that blood was dripping down from where I pressed my fingernails into my palm.
"You're bleeding"
I squeezed my eyes shut then pushed past Jack and left.