027

Trigger Warnings- Death.

"Please don't tell me you're up already" Nia groans while she rolls towards me. It was true, I couldn't sleep last night.

"I'm up" I sigh as I fold the last blanket in my trunk. It was almost the end of the school year, one more month, then we are gone.
It was also the fourth task, so I made sure I finished all of my assignments.

I let Cedric spend the day with me yesterday before his task, It wasn't much but it was enough so I didn't have to see him today.

..

I walk down into the common room shaking my hands out in front of me, I'm nervous. I heard this task was deadly just like every other but this one just felt worse.

"Nervous?" Theo enters the common room then wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"As always," I say with a small smile.

This task was letting the parents of the champions watch. If I was a parent I would tell my child not to put their name in the goblet.
Headmaster Dumbledore told us that these tasks are very dangerous, even deadly.

"Are you going to meet Cedric's parents?" Blaise asks as Theo and I take a seat on one of the couches in the common room.

"Good question," I sigh. I don't know if I want to, but I think I should.

"She'll do what she wants" Nia sighs yawns then sits next to Blaise.
While I think about Cedric's parents I wonder if Harry is okay, I never told him that Cedric may be helping him through the tasks...

"Good morning everyone," Liam says while entering the common room. Everyone nodded but he looked different, a deep purple surrounded his eyes and he looked like he hadn't eaten in days. He also wouldn't look at me.

"Ah, Jess. mother and father are here they wanted to see you after the task today" Liam turns to me but he wouldn't look at me. I nod while Blaise looks at me he raises his eyebrow but I just shrug.
Liam leaves the common room in a swift move almost ghostly-like.

"What was that about?" Theo asks. I shake my head "I don't know"

...

We all walk to the Quidditch pitch and I leave the group to try and talk to Harry.

"No one is allowed back here, Miss Rivera" Professor Moody says while taking a swig from a flask.

"I just have to say something to Harry quick" I smile trying to get past him.

"Fine" Professor Moody says while shaking his head making his right eye roll around.
I walk past him and hear a crackle of thunder above me. I always thought Professor Moody was different, he just didn't act right.

I peel the curtain back and see all of the champions at their stations, Fleur was brushing her hair vastly with her hands, Victor was smiling at himself in the mirror, Cedric was talking to himself and Harry was just sitting there pressing his fingers into his scar.

I walk over to him, "Are you okay?" He looked startled when I approached him so I back away, "You scared me" He smiles and brushed his pants with the back of his hands.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you you'll do great and to wish you luck" I chuckle at his nervousness.

"I also wanted to ask you something," He said quickly. I was worried if he was asking me out but it didn't seem that way. So I just nod for him to keep going. "Tell Cedric to stop worrying about me, he has to worry about himself" He continued knowing that I told Cedric to look after him.