020

I wake to the feeling of someone staring at me, Draco. "What the fucking fuck" I gasp and push myself against the wooden bedpost. "Calm the fuck down Rivera" He whispers while shutting the door behind him.

"Were you watching me sleep?" I whisper shout while pulling the covers over myself. "No" He shakes his head and looks down at something he was holding in his hand. "Come to murder me Draco?" I look down at the small box in his hands.

"You're so fucking annoying Rivera" He chuckles darkly and looks back up at me, I couldn't tell what he was feeling but it wasn't bad. "Then what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I say finally starting to relax while loosening my grip on the sheets.

"I forgot to give you something" He sighs while sitting on the edge of my bed. "Did you like what I gave you?" I rub my eyes with the back of my hands. "To my friend, Draco Malfoy" He mocks while handing the small gift to me. "It's the only thing I could think of" I roll my eyes while taking the gift from him.

I peel the top off of the box and look inside to see a snake bracelet the doesn't connect where the snakeheads meet but it's tight enough to stay on your wrist. "Wow, it's beautiful" I lightly glide my hand over the bracelet. "Merry late Christmas Rivera," He says while I look back up at him and lock eyes with blue hues.

"I should go back to sleep, thank you for the bracelet" I tear my gaze away from his and look down at the bracelet. "Yeah, see you in the morning" He sighs and gets up from sitting on the side of my bed.

....

I walk down to the kitchen to see everyone already awake. "Ah, my dear you got some letters I put them in the office" Narcissa smiles while slicing strawberries in halves, "Thank you" I yawn and walk back out of the room.

I open the glass door to the office. Brown leather chair to a dark brown desk with bookshelves covering the walls. I walk to the desk and pick up the letters then open them with the letter opener.

Dear Jessa,

I'm very disappointed in you for not coming home for the holidays, we will discuss this after the New Years' party. I hope you get your act together for the Malfoy's.

Yours truly, Mum and Dad.

I close the letter and roll my eyes and move to the next one.

Dear Jess,

We need to talk about what Malfoy said. I can't express myself in a letter so I was hoping I could see you. Also, why did you leave without saying goodbye? Are you mad at me?

Love, Cedric.

I fold the letter and sigh, I pull out a piece of paper and pull out the leather chair from the desk.

Dear Cedric,

I'm just confused that's all. We can meet up at three broomsticks tomorrow at one o'clock if you're free.

sincerely, Jessa.

I seal the letter and walk out of the office then walk inside the kitchen. "Everything alright dear?" Narcissa asks while I take a seat by Theo. Dobby hands me my breakfast and we all talk about the New Year's Eve party.

...

I open the back door leading to the garden where Narcissa was sitting on a log bench with her legs crossed looking out into the field slowly sipping her tea. "Sorry I'm late I got busy" I slide my hands down my pants brushing off crumbs.

"It's okay dear, come sit" She smiles and pats the seat next to her. "How are you dear?" She puts her hand on my leg. "I'm alright" I smile and rest my head on her shoulder. "Has Draco been kind to you?" She asks while taking another sip of her tea.