038

The first day of school was always scary for most but for me, it was the best day of my life.
Except for this year.

This year would be the year I would be watched, Draco would be watched because our parents are death eaters.
This year would also be the year I would have a private dorm.

"Are you ready dear?" Mum says as I enter the kitchen.
I nodded as I hiked my bag up my shoulder.

We got into the car, I told my mum we can't use the carriage anymore because we aren't in the sixteenth century anymore.
"Remember your tasks now dear, they are important"
"I know mum"
"And Scarlett, watch over your sister," Mum said as Scarlett sighed in the seat next to her.
"She'll be fine mother"

I got out of the car and kissed my mum on the cheek and walked into the train station,
"Take care of yourself okay?" Scarlett says as we get through the wall to platform 9/3 quarters.
"I will, you do too," I say and we hugged before we boarded the train.
Scarlett squeezed my hand and left to her compartment.
I turn around and start walking towards the front of the train till I reach the rows of cushioned benches facing each other with a table in the middle.

I saw him and my breath hitched.
He was facing away from me so I could only see his hair shine in the early morning light.
I knew he knew I was right behind him because he turned towards me, he didn't have the same reaction.

In the row right next to him Nia, Theo, and Pansy sat.
Blaise was sitting with Draco, Goyle, Crabbe, and someone I didn't recognize, he had dusty blond hair, I also couldn't see his face, all of the boys sitting at that table were in a heavy discussion.

I forced myself to walk again and found myself sitting next to Theo.
"How are you, Jess?" Theo says as he wrapped an arm around me.
"I'm tired" I slightly smile, I glanced toward Draco and saw his eyes were directly on mine.
"We heard about Liam," Nia says as she looked at Pansy.
"Oh- yeah, didn't he kill himself?" Pansy asks I looked at her as if she was mentally unstable but Draco got out of his seat and grabbed her by the arm.
What the hell?

"I'm sorry she just gets- well I don't know" Nia tried to excuse her, I was confused why but I was slowly connecting the pieces.
"It's fine" I tried to pull myself out of my thoughts as Nia kept asking questions.

"Was Liam's boyfriend there?" Nia asked
"I think so, I wasn't paying close attention" I shrug as I rest my chin upon my hand,
"So Pansy?"
"Yeah, we started after school ended"
"Blaise?"
"Ah, he's fine," She says as Blaise glanced over to us. I nodded and he stiffly turned back around.
What the fuck?

Draco stormed back into the compartment and shoved Pansy back into her seat.
Her hair was a mess and her mascara was dripping.
I locked eyes with Draco trying to find something in his eyes but he showed nothing.
"I'm- sorry a-about e-earlier" Pansy shuddered and Nia placed her head onto her shoulder.
"It's okay Pansy"

After a while, everyone dozed off, Draco and I were the only ones awake.
"Draco?" I ask in a whisper.
"Just go to sleep" He muttered as he glanced over to me.
"You look tired," I say as he sighed.
I felt a slight pain hit my forehead and I brushed it off, I was too focused on Draco.
"I've missed you?" I say trying to make him look at me or even talk to me.
"Go to sleep" Draco huffed and turned his attention to me with frustration in his eyes.

The pain occurred again but only sharper and I sucked in a sharp breath.
Why did this have to happen now?
I'm with Draco, finally.
The pain occurred again and again like I was getting stabbed inside of my head.

I stood up from my seat and went to the bathroom.
When I shut the door behind me my sleeve slid back showing my mark. The snake was moving through the skull, the pain was unbearable.
I closed my eyes and the pain hit me harder, something was trying to get inside of my head.