Chapter 28

As soon as I stepped out of the cab, I was blinded by the sun," home sweet home," Kian says, taking out my luggage. I grab my keys from my purse which was hard to find since it was at the bottom. I walk up to my house and unlock it.

Instantly, a little girl was running around. And so was another little girl. How many reproductions did Xavier make? I see his body hovering over his laptop before he sees me," oh my gosh... You're actually alive and safe," he says, giving me a huge ass hug.

"Relax, you're supposed to be my big brother. Now who are these girls?" I ask as one of them accidentally runs into my leg. They were playing a game of tag Im supposing.

"One of them is Emma... You know, my daughter. And the other one is our sister. Mom adopted her while you were away," he says. I wasn't even mad about her not telling me.

"What's her name?" I ask, smiling.

"Sofia," he responds. Thats a lovely name. Why wasn't I named Sofia? "She is four years old but shes pretty wise for her age. Shes really smart in school."

"Thats nice to hear," I say.

"Oh my god, Xavier! How many times have I told you not to use my fucking hair brush for these kids!" Lia yells from upstairs. I almost forgot she lived here.

"Oh yeah, your so-called best friend has been a total bitch ever since you left and she has been a pain in the ass," Xavier whines. I laugh before making up my way these familiar stairs. I pass by my room which brought back tons of memories.

"Oh Liaaaaaaaa," I say, opening her door. She was laying in bed with headphones in but her back was faced towards me. I roll my eyes before taking a pillow from a chair and throwing it at her.

"I swear to god Sofia, stop throwing-" she pauses in her tracks as she sees me. "You."

I smile," yeah... Me."

The thing was, she wasn't smiling. She was even more infuriated," you little piece of shit! How the fucking hell do you leave for a whole year and come back like nothing happened like who the fuck actually does that?!" she yells. I was hurt by her words.

"I-"

"No, don't you go all apologetic on me you bitch," she says before coming towards and slamming the door right in my face. I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

"Oh fuck," Kian mutters before wrapping his arms from my back. "Don't worry, she's on one of her stupid periods. She'll get over it."

I didn't say anything as I walk out of her arms and into my room. Great. Lia hates me. This is such a great start to staying in America... Absolutely frantastic.

-

There was a light knocking at my door but I didn't answer it because I knew whoever it was was going to come in anyways. I expected it to be Kian but it was Sofia," so you're my big sister?" she asks in such an adorable voice.

"I am," I say, shaking her hand. "I am Autumn, its nice to meet you Sofia."

"Did you know I was named after Princess Sofia on Disney?" she says happily. She's really sweet... I then knew why my mom would pick her. "Kiki is taking me to a carnival... Will you come?"

"... Kiki?" I ask, holding in my laughter.

"Yes, I call him Kiki and he calls me Sophe. Like I can call you..."

"Sissy," I answer as she smiles. "But I don't know about the carnival."

"Please," she begs with these puppy dog eyes. I've just met her today but now it feels like I known her forever. I wonder what her story is... Why she was put in adoption. Everyone has a story.