Chapter 21

Thats not the bad part? What is up with reality these days? "After that, I met with my friends at the skating park since we skateboard a lot and then there was this guy sitting next to this big tree, drinking. My friends walked over there so I followed them and then he offered us cigarettes and we took them. Thats the bad part."

"When did this happen?" I ask.

"About one or two years ago," he answers.

My jaw was about to drop," so you're telling me you had sex when you were thirteen with a girl you broke up with and then started smoking cigarettes with a guy who lives under a tree? I honestly have no idea what to say."

"You don't have to say anything. I just needed to tell you that because I don't want you feeling bad for me when chemo happens. Im just scared," he says. I nod before walking to the other bed in the room.

"This is Peyton," I say, looking down at a girl who's sleeping. "Shes only five and shes fighting through a brain tumor. Just think about what goes through her mind when shes getting surgery," I say before leaving.

-

Working here just teaches you a bunch of lessons, doesn't it? 'Don't have sex' 'Don't take things from a stranger' 'Don't smoke'. Im just glad its time to go home.

When I walk out of the building, it was pretty late at night but there was this guy sitting at the steps. I sigh before walking over to him," were you waiting for me?" I ask.

He shakes his head," no, Isabella got submitted into the hospital today," Kian answers. Out of pity, I sat down next to him.

"May I ask what happened?" I ask.

"I don't know. I wasn't there when it happened. I was too busy thinking of ways to win you back but I have no idea how to do that and frankly, I don't think I can get you back," he says. "So Ive just been sitting here, thinking about how I just lose important girls."

"Why didn't you just tell me that you thought our relationship was-"

"Because it wasn't. I mean, theres times where it can get boring because of your boundaries but just thinking about you physically being next to me makes me feel alright. I don't really care what we're doing, I just need you by my side."

"I am by your side," I chuckle.

"Thats not what I meant," he says, bumping my shoulder. "You and Andrea talked?"

"Yeah," I nod. "I honestly think you two should get back together though. Andrea misses you, I know she does. Even Connor thinks you guys are cute."

"But what about what I think of this?"

That was a good point. "Okay Lawley, what do you think about this."

He sighs," Autumn, you have to know Im over Andrea. Sure it was a good relationship and we had lots of fun and that she was hot-"

"Okay, and," I say, butting in.

"But that was in the past and you're pretty much in the present and I would like to spend it with you. Probably even in the future," he says.

"Im just not ready for the fights again. Doesn't that get tiring at times?" I ask.

He nods," yeah but we always make up."

"I don't know Kian but its getting pretty late. I think Im gonna head back home."

"Home or Connor's?"

"I don't care but Im really tired," I say, yawning. I get up and start walking home. I can literally fall asleep any second right now.

"Yeah, Im not letting this happen," Kian says before carrying me like a bride. I was too tired to fight back. Instead, I just slept.