Calling it quits

Roni was laying on her bed after they arrived.
The guys invited her to go out for dinner, but she wasn't feeling it and just stayed in her room for the night.

There was a knock on her door.

As she opened the door, she met with Alex.

"Oh hey Alex" It didn't come over very exciting.

"Hi" he walked in as she moved out of the way for him.

"Look Alex, we have to talk" Roni started.

"Right now?" he started kissing her neck.

She felt guilty.

"Alex" she insisted for him to stop.

"Is something wrong?" he questioned with a worry in his tone.

She grabbed his hand and led them to sit on the bed.

She stayed silent for a bit, not knowing how to tell him she wanted to end things between them.

"Roni?" he asked again.

She looked up at him.

"Alex....I-I can't.... I can't be with you anymore"
she told him in a soft and sad voice.

"What? Why?" he was very confused. Since the last time he had seen her, everything was great. Now he comes back from work and suddenly she wants to stop seeing him?

"It's not fair to you Alex. There is constantly this guy in the back of my mind. I can't be with you and keep thinking about someone else. I really like you and your a great guy, but I have to figure some stuff out for myself. I'm sorry"

He did look sad and hurt when the words 'can't be with you anymore' came out of her mouth.

"I mean, I hate the thought of not being with you, but if you need space and time to figure things out, I have to give it to you."

She didn't deserve him. He was so understanding. She never wanted to hurt him, but if they continued together, it would only end up crushing him more. This was best.

"Thank you for understanding, you're literally the best person alive" she told him, a tear falling over her cheek.

"Hey, hey." he said as he saw the tear leaving her eye. He leaned against the headboard and pushed her into his side. "It's ok. You just need some time with yourself to understand what's going on in your life" he hugged and reassured her.

"Thank you" she answered softly.
They sat there for some time before the two said goodbye. They would still be friends, if it was meant to be, they'd get back together in the end.

It had gotten pretty late and Roni just ordered some room service for dinner and watched some TV.

- -

As it was almost mid night. Roni remembered she had never received a message or call from Lando letting her know he was ok. He said he would.

She knew he was alright, she had seen him after the check up. Not in the best conditions though, he was yelling with his girlfriend, or ex-girlfriend now.

She decided on going to his room to check on him and also give his hoodie back.

Her clothes were switched for some pijama shorts and a crop top before she left her room.

Making her way towards Lando's room, she stopped in front of his door and took a deep breath.

*knock knock knock*

She heard foot steps coming her way.

Slowly the door opened. Lando stood there.

"Oh. Hey" he wasn't all to happy to see her, you could tell by the tone in his voice. It kind of came out as oh you again...