Dark street

It was January, a rainy friday night, Lando was at his house alone, his flat mate Max was still at his parent's home after celebrating Christmas and New Years.

Lando was in his little "office" playing video games with his friends while streaming it on Twitch.

It has been a while since he last streamed because of how busy he was with F1, now compensating that with an extra long stream, being able too because it was off season. A yawn escapes his mouth making him look at the time.
"Oh god, have we been playing for that long?"
It was 1:00am
"Guys, I'm going to head off." Saying bye to his friends and ending the stream.

He turned everything off heading to his bathroom, he was about to start getting ready for bed when suddenly...

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

His face got a confused look, why would someone knock on his door so aggressively at 1:00am?
Quickly his expression of confusion turned into irritation, caused by him being tiered and wanting to go bed.

A little faster then walking, he went down the staircase, heading to his front door.

When he opened the door his eyes met the ones of a young woman, they were red from crying, mascara all over her cheeks, that were red because of the cold temperature. Looking at the rest of her face he saw a slit in her eyebrow.

"Are you ok? Can I help you?" - he said really confused but also in a worrying way.
He was trying to make an explanation out of it, why would a girl he had never seen before show up crying at his front door step, with a look on her face like she has just seen a ghost?

"I-I um...sorry." - Thats all she said before turning around and staring to walk away.

"No wait!" - He said loudly, not quite yelling.
He followed her quickly, right before she wanted to turn to the left and continue walking the dark street where his house was connected to, he put his body in front of her, forcing her to stop walking.

The street was quiet and very dark with almost no light shining on it. It was very wet in consequence of it pouring rain and had only a few houses next to each other, with quite some space in between each one, only on one side of the street, the other side was just some trees in a line and a field of grass behind them.

There was no way Lando was leaving a girl in thats state wonder the long scary road at one in the morning.

She had her arms crossed in front of her while her head was down, both of them now soaking wet.

Lando tried to put his hands on her crossed arms trying to get her to look up at him so he could ask what was going on.

She flinched back the second he stuck his hands out.

"I-I'm sorry, I won't touch you. I didn't mean to startle you." - He said in a worried voice.
"Can you tell me what's wrong? There is no way I'm letting you wonder these streets at night while it's raining."

Just when she parted her lips and was about to speak, a loud voice screamed out:

- "RONI, WHERE FUCK ARE YOU?!"
   "VERONICA! COME BACK RIGHT THIS BLOODY MOMENT!"

She turned her head back to Lando with fresh tears coming out her eyes. "Please help me." She said very softly but in a scared way.