The accident

You know what? Fuck this.
were Roni's first thoughts when she woke up on Sunday.

She was thinking about going to the track in sweats and a lazy bun again, but something switched inside her.

She didn't want to have a depressed day again, all because of Lando. She decided to actually get ready, doing her hair and makeup, some gold jewellery was added to her outfit and black square sunglasses on her head.

She wore a sage green crop top with a rather short skirt, it was black and satin, hugging her body. She had to be careful with it, not to flash anyone.

Instead of giving him the satisfaction, seeing her broken, she would show him the opposite.

Roni thought that if she dressed up and put on a happy face, it would only annoy him. It would make him think that his actions didn't matter to her, besides, he'd probably get a ginormous amount of jealousy, like he always would.

When she was ready, she made her way to the buffet and met the rest of the drivers.

"Wow" Max said as she approached their table.

"What?" she asked confused.

"You look...amazing" Daniel said, as she sat down in front of him.

"Thanks" she smiled shyly, tucking her hair behind one of her ears.

"Your skirt is too short" Max blurted out. He didn't mean it in a rude way, more in a protective way. He was kind of a big brother to her. Well, maybe a step brother, as he still made inappropriate jokes.

"Oh boohoo" she answered jokingly.

"I don't mind" George entered their conversation.

"Hey!" with a smile on her face, she threw a napkin his way and blushed a bit. After all, it was a compliment... kind of?

"Just saying" he put up his shoulders and took a bite of his sandwich, dodging the piece of paper flying his way.

They had a lovely chat and some other people joined them as the time went on.

Roni got up to get some more orange juice.

She looked back while walking away.
"Your staring" she reminded them and went on to grab her orange juice.

Almost every single guy she shared the table with, was looking at her bum. Honesty, she didn't mind, but she couldn't let them know.

Once the sentence had left her mouth, they quickly moved their head back to the food. All where grinning at each other, even Max was in on it.

After she got back to the table, she finished her breakfast and stood up with her tray.

"Well I'm going to the car" it was directed at Max, as they always drove together "see you at the track you pervs" she said to all the boys in an ironic way and walked off.

- -

Max had come a few minutes later, meeting her at the car.

They soon arrived at the track, the rest of the boys were still not finished with breakfast when Roni and Max had left, so they would probably arrive a bit later.

Both of them got out of the car and headed towards the entrance where they had to scan their passes to get in.

Once inside of the event, Roni saw Lando coming her way, his walking style looked aggressive.

"You go ahead, I'll see you in a sec" she told Max, not wanting him there when Lando would arrive.

He nodded and kept on walking.