Talons kill people sometimes

Start from the beginning

Dick stood there, his face blank and his eyes and veins seeming to glow through his skin.

Jason stepped towards his boyfriend. "Dickie," he called gently.

Upon hearing the sound of Jason's voice Dick snapped out of his trance, stumbling tiredly for a few seconds before glancing around himself.

Blood... there was blood all over. On his hands, on the ground... on the knife in his hand.

Dick dropped the knife he'd been holding, looking up at the carnage he was responsible for. "No," he muttered quietly. His eyes caught on the faces of his two youngest brothers. They were terrified.

Damian held tightly to Tim's side, both frozen with a look of absolute horror on their faces.

"Tim... Dami..." Dick said, taking a step forward.

Damian hid behind Tim. "Get away from us!" He streaked.

Dick's heart felt like it was shattering as he backed away, hurt flashing across his face.

Jason carefully made his way to Dick's side, reaching out a hand to lay on his boyfriend's shoulder.

"D-don't touch me... I'm a monster," Dick whimpered, backing away from the touch. He just couldn't get the image of how terrified he'd made his little brothers out of his head.

"Dickie," Jason started. "This wasn't your fault."

Dick's breath hitched. "Stay back... I... I don't want to hurt you," he mumbled as he continued to move backwards, eventually turning and sprinting away.

Dick ran for miles, the only goal in his mind being to get away from his family. He couldn't afford to hurt them. He paused to catch his breath, suddenly finding himself next to a more busy street.

Conversations and arguments drifted around Dick, entangling his heightened senses and confusing him.

Were these orders he was supposed to take? There were too many voices.

Shouting eventually caught Dick's attention.

"Can it Janice! I know you didn't miss me!" A man yelled.

"But I did Paul," a woman replied.

"Oh go jump in the river!" The man yelled, his voice seeming to echo in Dick's ears.

That was an order...

Dick didn't want to listen, but before he knew it he was heading towards the Gotham harbor.

Jason swore when he saw Dick start to run away. He was in no shape to run after him, but even if he was, being chased by the people he'd been ordered to get away from wouldn't help things.

"Hood?" Tim's quiet call caught the older's attention.

Jason couldn't quite muster up the glare he wanted to send to his two younger siblings when he saw how scared they were. Of course they'd be scared. They'd just watched their oldest brother cut through a group of thugs like they were warm butter.

Bruce landed next to Jason. "What happened?" He asked.

"Dick... I... I think he slipped into talon mode... and then when he came out of it he freaked out and Demon told him to get away, so he ran off," Jason said.

"He did this?" Bruce asked, his voice taking on a note of sadness.

"We need to find him," Jason said. "He's scared and who knows what sort of orders he'll pick up from people on the street... His tracker is still active right?"