Chapter 14.

My eyes fluttered open and my brain pounded against my skull. I raised a hand to my head and tried to get up only to be held down by something cold and metal.
"Hey...what?" I groaned as I look up and see a blur of bright blue eyes and a yellow exterior before me, flame light flickering to illuminate their appearance through the night sky.
"Take it slow." Said a random voice as Bumblebee unblurred from my vision.
I realized I was cradled in his lap and an arm was holding me against him. I wasn't too bothered by this method of restraining me, for a giant metal robot, he was surprisingly comfortable to lay upon. Majority of the time, I was used to being carried or sat upon shoulders. This feels wonderful...almost...natural? Is that the right word? Bee, on the other hand, seemed to be extremely selfconscious about it, as he was extra cautious not to crush me or let me fall to the ground.
"Bumblebee?" I asked weakly to make sure it was him.
The scout nodded and lightly pointed to my head.
"Does it still hurt?" His radio had then asked.
"A little." I said, putting my hand down. "I must've fainted. Never had that happen before. At least not naturally, let alone so drastically."
Bee cocked his head to the side and blinked in curious silence. What do you mean? His expression seemed to ask me. I gave a strained smile and reached up slowly to touch his face.

"Aw. Don't worry, Bee, I'm fine. It's nothing really, not like I remember—"

The memories of the fight with Sam and visions of my mother flashed in my head, like an encore of fireworks, jolting me upwards and I started to hyperventilate again. I could feel metal against my back as I shook. "Whoah!" Bee's broken voice box said in a warbled manner.
"Momma." My own voice croaked. "Momma. Momma."
Bee whirred in a confused tone and prevented me from moving anywhere.
"Momma. Momma's here. Momma's trying to hurt me again." I uttered softly and held my stomach, I felt sick.
I pulled up my shirt slightly as I fought with it to make the pain disappear, and the wind chilled my skin. Bee glanced down and whirred very heavily, sounding upset at the horrible sight. He glanced at me and held a giant finger under my chin. Lifting my eyes to meet his.
"No. No one's here. No one is going to hurt you. Never again. You are safe with me." Bee's radio buzzed different voices to reassure me, but I was still upset.
"Momma....Optimus...Optimus...he...he saved me. Saved me from her. From everything. Where is he? Where's...?" Then I remembered where we were again and what had happened. The last moments I had with my guardian burned in my mind and my tears burned the skin of my face.
"Optimus. He's gone." I cried out loud. "I left him...I couldn't save him. I promised him, I promised to stay and help, but I can't do this anymore. I..."
My rambling was halted when I gently scooped up and Bumblebee laid me over his shoulder. I was surprised how the bot I hardly knew was so kind and understanding, and that no one ever did this to me before, not even any of the other Autobots. This made me wrap my arms around him and cried into his neck. He sat there patiently and gently held me as I let it all out.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I messed up. It's all my fault." I then sobbed.
"No. Don't blame yourself." Bee's radio said.
"I miss him. I miss everyone else, too." My mind raced to Ironhide, Ratchet, the Arcee twins, and Sideswipe. I knew Skids and Mudflap were here with me, too. Although, having everyone separated from me was never a new feeling when they went on missions and I missed them regardless, but they always came back home. Now, no one is returning home, not even me.
"As do we all." Bee's radio buzzed more. "He was also my friend. For now, we can stick together." The voices weren't his, but the words were.
Even when the sentences and tones were split and botched, I could understand how and what he means to say. His intentions to make his statement and opinions were clear as day and they made me feel easy to communicate with him back.
"Bee?" I said after my crying had calmed a bit, tears still falling and I sat up in his arms and faced him.
He only whirred again and stared at me curiously once more.
"I'm scared." I admitted. "I'm scared without him. I'm scared of those...humans...I can't do this alone. I'm just so scared." I wiped my face, trying to clear my vision from the tears.
His blue eyes looked at me so calmly and they were just as gentle and kind as Optimus's. This made me happy, but in a sad way. I knew the scout had trained under him as most of them did, but I realized they share the equal amount of compassion. Because of that, something about Bee made me feel safe all over again. Only differently.