17. Brother and Sister

I went back downstairs to Rafe and he looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Let's go." He said and took his bag. He opened the door and we walked to school.

"Can't we take the car?" I whined and dragged my feet.

"Come on rat, you need some exercise." He said and I groaned out loud. He laughed and just put his hand in mine. Instantly I felt fuzzy inside and we walked silently like that to school. We finally got to class and Mason walked in a few minutes after us. Monica was right by him and he looked annoyed as hell.

"Hey, brother. Guess who I was just with." Mason smirked at us. Monica looked at Mason with furrowed eyebrows. Brother. She surely caught it.

"Mason." Rafe growled and bolted off the chair with a screech.

"Nora says hi." He blurted. Rafe suddenly flew across the room and grabbed Mason by the collar.

"You son of a-" Rafe started to yell before Monica ran over and tried to shove him to no avail. He suddenly froze then let out a low exhale to calm down after Monica touched him. Witnessing that, I ran over and pulled Monica away from him.

"Bitch!" Monica hissed before people started walking in . Rafe let go of Mason with suppressed rage and they both sat back down before Monica left for her class. I went back and sat down next to Rafe. I just noticed that Rafe barely ever accepts anyone touching him ,except me— and maybe Mason. I sighed and looked over at him fuming beside me. He had his arms crossed and didn't look back at me. I slid down in my chair and got ready for class. He was in a daze throughout all our classes and looked like he was ready to kill someone. The lunch bell rang and Rafe took his bag and stomped out the room.

"Rafe!" I yelled and ran after him through the halls. People avoided him like the plague. I noticed some girls eying him with little smiles and whispering to each other. The hell. I ran after him and he speed walked until the soccer field. "Rafe wait!" I yelled and he still continued to the field. When we finally got there he threw his bag down and let out a loud scream that could've been heard miles away. "Rafe!" I yelled and wrapped my arms around him tightly. He started shaking in sobs and fell down on his knees.

"He's dating her Alice." He sobbed out.

"Mason?" I asked.

"He's dating Nora." He cried on his knees. Oh damn. I held him tightly and he cried in the field for the entire lunch period. People would pass by and everyone that sat by the benches were too disturbed to stay. They quickly got up or avoided looking. He had stopped crying by now and just sat there brokenly in my arms.

"I'm sorry Alice." He whimpered.

"Why? There's nothing to be sorry for." I said and continued to play gently with his hair.

"I drag you into so much. I dragged you into this mess of a life." He guiltily sniffled and looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Well I love you Rafe, so I wouldn't choose anything else." I told him with a smile and kissed his head. A single tear fell from his eye and without a single word said, he hugged me tight with his face on my shoulder.

"I love you so so much Alice." He whispered. I got up and extended my hand out to him.

"We're gonna be late for class." I reminded him then helped him up. He took his bag off the floor and we went back to our classes that went by surprisingly quickly. We finally headed back home and told Rafe about meeting aunt Lauren and uncle John. After having an amazing lunch from Winston as usual, we went upstairs to get changed. I went to my closet and found a cute emerald green dress that stopped right over my knees. I curled my hair, put on some lip gloss and mascara, and then sprayed some perfume. I walked downstairs to see Rafe dressed in an all black suit.