Chapter 9

"Fancy seeing you here Ms Bae, what can I get you?" a guy on his fifties asked, the owner of the Mask shop that Irene went on.

"You don't sell anything, but masks" Irene replied with a giggle.

"I was just assuming you were lost, you have never been here, I suppose you'll be attending the masquerade?" the owner asked while walking around looking for a mask that will fit Irene.

"Uhhh.... yes"

"The Park's and Kim's already bought theirs the day before, I wondered how they convinced you, those ladies always talk about how persistent you are" the owner replied and took a box inside the shelf.

"They do talk a lot, but they did not convince me...... someone else did" replied Irene while roaming her eyes around the store.

The owner looked up and smiled "Well, I dare not to meddle" he took the mask and ordered Irene to try it. Irene obliged and wore the mask then turned to the mirror beside her. It's a black mask with gold accent, covering half of her upper face.

"I look....."

"Mysterious, unrecognisable but still gorgeous" the owner replied with a nod.

"I'll take this" Irene took off the mask and smiled.

"Absolutely" the owner put the mask back to the box and gave it to Irene "It's on the house Ms Bae, use it well" he replied with a smile

Irene was surprised on how the man can be so polite "Thank you, I will. Mr?..... "

"Mr. Yoon"

Irene walked back to the carriage and saw that Suzy wasn't there, so she sat and waited patiently while reading a book that she just bought.

More than 20 minutes have passed until Suzy arrive at the carriage.

"I commend your patience, sister" said Suzy who sat down in front of Irene and settled the things she bought beside her.

"It's a force of habit" said Irene who did not bother to look up at her sister because she was busy reading her book.

The carriage went on and the sisters inside are busy minding their own business. Irene was still reading a book, meanwhile Suzy has been drawing random things on her sketchpad.

"Is that a poster I see?" asked Suzy breaking the silent atmosphere, when she saw a odd paper stuck between the book's pages.

Feeling alarmed Irene covered the book that was inside the basket and replied "I do not think so" she then continued reading like nothing happened.

Suzy eyed Irene suspiciously, she then snatched the basket and took the poster stuck between the pages. Irene was surprised, hence, the reason she was not able to stop Suzy.

"Ohhhh, Dear God!!!" Suzy exclaimed.

Irene closed her eyes and took a deep breath when she saw Suzy's expression. Embarrassed was written on her face. "I beg you not to say a word to anyone"

"Anyone?!" replied Suzy.

"Lower your voice" said Irene, squinting in pain.

"How about the Kim's??? or Park's???"

"Not. A. Word" threatened Irene.

"Then you'll be alone!......." paused Suzy then she realized something "Unless.... " Suzy eyed Irene suspiciously.

"Unless what???"

"Unless..... Someone has invited you" said Suzy then raised her chin challenging Irene.

No words left Irene's mouth, she was contemplating whether to tell her sister or not. Even she won't tell her sister, she would find out eventually.

"I admit. I was indeed invited"

"Finally! Someone managed to break the nut!" said Suzy who is slowly clapping her hands due to the news "But we have begged you many times, tell me sister, who is it?" asked Suzy and waited for Irene's reply eagerly.

Sensing Irene's discomfort, Suzy added "you can tell me who it is, and you do not have to tell me who it is"

Irene smiled when she heard what her sister said "Thank you"

"Because I know you'll tell me" said Suzy confidently

"How so?"

"You get nervous Ms. Bae, you'll aks for my opinion what dress to wear or what style of hair will fit you"

"Proceed" replied Irene

"Eventually, if it stresses you out you'll mumble words without your knowledge. That's how I'll know"

Eyes wide open, Irene did not realize she has that kind of habit, not until Suzy told her.

"Need not to worry sister, this lips are sealed" said Suzy and acted like she's zipping her lips.

They arrived at their home and was faced by a man that Irene was not really fond of.

"Greetings Bae's" Bambam bowed when he saw the sister's in front of him.

"Not that I hate your presence, but may I ask why you're here?" Asked Suzy. Irene glance at the two and noticed that they are somehow acquainted

"I was invited by your mother" said Bambam while sparing a glance at Irene. "But I must go now, see you around ladies" Bambam said then bowed.

The Bae's also bowed then Bambam left.

"I was not aware that both of you are acquainted" said Irene squinting her eyes while looking at Suzy.

"It is not what you think" replied Suzy.

"I was not thinking anything"

"We met once when mother invited her for lunch"

"And when was that?"

"I'm not entirely sure, perhaps a week ago?"

Irene nodded and the both parted ways and went to their respective rooms.

When Irene entered her room, she placed her newly bought books on the shelves and arranged her things accordingly.

She saw the poster that was given by Lisa and scanned it.

"Masquerade ball at Ddliem North Plaza" she read it out loud.

Irene is a head turner, but she never really liked the attention she is getting, the reason why she would always stay at the corner every ball. There's only a few people that she trust; The Kim's and the Park's. But never did she ever thought of agreeing to go to an event with a person she only met thrice. Lisa is something else, someone irresistible that you can't really say no to. Like a blackhole waiting for you to get stuck and never comeback. That's how Irene feel towards Lisa, it is an odd feeling, odd and immoral towards other people's eye. But she does not care. What she feel is beyond friendship. But she can't stop herself to feel that certain way. Thrilling, like playing Russian roulette.

IMMORAL | LISRENEOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara