Chapter 14

"S-seul"

"Make haste!" said Seulgi and dragged the both of them into the carriage.

The carriage left immediately when the three of them were already inside.

They sat down quietly and Irene was having a hard time forming a thought, it was all chaos and her mind just drifts on the past. Lisa on the other hand formulated questions on her mind.

"How did you know Jennie?" asked Lisa.

"We were friends"

"She never told me about you"

"She never told me about you neither"

"Where is Jennie?"

"She's with Jisoo, thay were being watched by both your families"

"How will I know you are telling the truth?"

"Do you realize the risk I am taking right now? Never I have imagined I would be involved in this"

"How did you get involved in this?"

"Jennie sent me a letter, stating that Irene might be in danger, again"

"How did you know Irene?"

Seulgi took a pause and realized that she never greeted Irene.

"We were..... acquainted" answered Seulgi

Irene looked down and decided not to utter a word. This is draining her. The constant running and hiding, like she could never rest. Add the pain that she is feeling right now, due to her past lover who just left without a word and now decided to appear because she was in danger. She does not know what to say or what to do, it is exhausting her. How could this predicament happen in such a short period of time.

"Where are you taking us?" asked Lisa

"Certainly not anywhere the Kim sister's own. Temporarily, you will be staying at my place"

"And where is that?"

"Across this town, need not to worry it is well hidden"

"I suppose" replied Irene then stared at Seulgi.

Seulgi just looked down and never dared to reply.

The three arrived at the place and Seulgi brought them inside. Like what she said, the place was well hidden. It was well picked, inside the woods but near the river.

"How long have you stayed here?" asked Lisa.

"Lost count, a few years already" replied Seulgi.

"Well it is decent, love the walls. It is well carved" said Lisa.

"It was termites" replied Seulgi.

"I apologise"

"There is only one room, Irene would be staying there and we would be staying at the living area"

"I agree. You should rest now Irene" said Lisa

Irene just nodded and Lisa accompanied her to the room while Seulgi prepared everything on the Living area.

"Are you well? I have noticed that you were uncomfortable and quiet" asked Lisa

"I'm probably exhausted"

"Are you sure?"

Irene sighed "Yes"

"I understand, I am here whenever you wanted to talk. Rest now"

Lisa stood up and left Irene on her own, she went back to Seulgi and saw her lost on her thought.

"Thank you" said Lisa "I apologise for my behaviour a while ago"

"I understand, I would have done the same thing if I were you" replied Seulgi "I forgot to ask, have you had dinner yet?"

"Oh... about that, we have not"

"I'll prepare it then"

"I'll help"

The two went to the kitchen and Seulgi instructed Lisa to wash ingredients and chop them.

While chopping the ingredients Lisa wandered how the two met. Certainly, not just acquaintance. Something that was more than that, though, she cannot pinpoint what or rather she just chose not to.

"How did you meet Jennie" asked Lisa, she ought to ask about Irene but it might be suspicious. So she decided to play detective and connect the dots later on.

"I used to live in that same town" replied she, shortly.

"Jennie never mentioned you, but I guess you were close since she trusted you to be in our aid. Not to mention, the risk you face and will be facing"

"I... It is difficult, I'm afraid I can't satisfy you with my response. I hope to keep my past on its own"

"My apologies, I shall not bother you with that. But I must say, I do not fear what I will face with all this madness. If only I can carry all this burden and leave Irene alone. If only I can turn back time and chose a different path. Maybe, only I will suffer"

"You would choose a different path of you were given an opportunity to?"

"Most likely, yes"

"Even that path won't lead you to Irene?"

Lisa paused for a few seconds. She does not want to harm anyone with her choices in life. But this woman, the woman she visions to be in her future is worth a thousand pain. She is worth it. It may be selfish for her to choose love, so be it. Lisa was enlightened by her own realisations. If she were given an option to choose, she would choose a life with Irene, even if she has to battle a wild animal, cross a thousands sea, or even if it takes another lifetime.

"I renounce" said Lisa with a joy on her eyes. "If I must suffer, then I will face it willingly. I cannot anymore bare to imagine a life without her"

"Well, that is all I need to hear" said Seulgi and smiled bitterly. "If you dare turn Back on your words I will order these termites to carve you"

Lisa and Seulgi shared a laugh. As if they were not in danger hours ago. Lisa knew Seulgi is someone significant on Irene's life, she's not naive to think otherwise. But again, she cannot blame Irene. She perceive Seulgi as someone soft and gentle. A caring person. Taking the risk to save Irene even their relationship has already ended. But a part of her was scared, what if? What if Irene was confuse and her past feeling and emotions with Seulgi suddenly reoccur.

At the Bae's Mansion

Mrs. Bae was once again vexed from the news she heard. Irene and Lisa escaped, once again.

"Who dared helped them?!" asked she "I thought, you and your men were keeping an eye on the Kim's and Park's?"

"Our men are doing their best keeping an eye on them madam, but it seems that they have another accomplice"

"I cannot think of anyone rather than the Kim's and Park's, my daughter only speaks to them, unless, it's someone that the contagious like plague Manobal's accomplice"

Ms. Bae spat those words like venom. The anger that she feels was burning inside of her. It is not proper for a woman to runaway with a man, let alone a woman. This is a scandal she did not fathom, she already got rid of that lowlife Seulgi, now she has encountered much worse.

"I do not want to receive this kind of news again, you must capture them even if you have to kill that Manobal. I could care less, just make sure that my order won't reach the Manobal family, understood?"

"Yes madam" said the man and left

Mrs. Bae thought she was discreet, but she has no idea that a pair of eyes is watching her every move.