Chapter 15

Dear Seulgi

I know your relationship with Irene has ended the moment you left this town. But I am desperate to ask you this favor. Irene is in great danger, Mrs. Bae once again plans to send her to the conversion therapy. I'm afraid there is no time, I hope this letter find you well. The address is written at the back of the paper.

P. S. Burn this letter after reading it

Sincerely yours,
Jennie

It is in her great conscience to be an imposter and use someone's name, she needed someone that Seulgi will immediately trust on. For she had foold this person and broke her trust. It is a desparate move to save her sister.

Suzy folded the letter and put it inside the envelope. She hid it on her dress and went down to send the letter to Seulgi. This morning she heard the conversations of her mother and its errand boy. They found out where Irene and Lisa was hiding and planned on taking them back later at night. She was alarmed, and knew she has to do something again. Suzy was also the one who sent an anonymous tip on Jennie that night that they planned on taking both Lisa and Irene on that conversion therapy. Suzy knew it all, but she kept her mouth shut to gain her mother's trust. She may understand if her mother woulf never talk to Irene again, but taking her to that therapy is totally barbaric. It is scientifically not proven and the whole propaganda is just a facade. Seeing her mother in peril of this predicament ignites the fire inside her. She wanted her mother to lose her sanity so bad.

In order to keep an eye on her mother, she has to accompany her. However, she has to send the letter without being suspicious. She certainly cannot just hand it on their servants. She has to do it by herself. But how? She thought. She cannot even ask a help from her friends.

"Suzy dear" said her mother when she saw Suzy walking down the stairs.

Suzy was shocked but recovered immediately. She firmly hold her letter hiding inside her dress without making it obvious.

"Mother, are you going somewhere?" asked Suzy seeing her mother all dresses up and had a chaperone at her side.

"Yes dear. I will be meeting the Manobal's, do you want to come with me? Unless you are busy"

"I wanted to paint this afternoon"

"But I saw that you don't have any paints left. Unless you're busy doing something" said her mother and eyed Suzy suspiciously.

Suzy was nervous but she has to collect herself. She cannot let her only sister be in danger. "Ah yes. I was actually planning on buying at Ddliem" a very convenient way to also send heretter without being suspected.

"Come with me then, I will accompany you myself. A mother and daughter bonding. Sounds fun isn't it?"

Suzy cannot say no so she agreed, she will figure out later how she can disperse the letter. "I shall change then" said Suzy and went back to her room

Sitting inside the carriage with her mother now feels different. Suzy felt disgusted and wanted to throw up. Her mother has surely different definition of love. She wanted to confront her but her mother might be inclined to think that she is helping her sister, although she really is helping her.

They arrived at the Ddliem and Suzy walked out of the carriage, she did not expect that her mother will really accompany her to where she is going.

"This way mother" said Suzy and fakely smiled. Pathetic.

How can I get rid of her? She thought. They arrived at the paint shop and Suzy looked around, until she toughy of an idea. She walked around the shop and meticulously examined the paints. Her mother is watching her every move.

"How about this one?" Suzy murmured as she picked a blue paint "Nope, definitely not" Yet again she picked another color and put it down right away "The brand is just, errr" She walked slowly and scanned all the paints, it was already 15 minutes but she hasn't chosen even one paint. Her mother was lost her patience.

"Suzy, how long will this take?!" She half whispered "Just pick whatever color you ran out of"

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Be calm mother, I usually take hours on choosing the right colors. You clearly are not an artist"

The owner of the shop nodded and Mrs. Bae saw it too.

"Ah, I almost forgot. I need new paint brush"

Mrs. Bae was clearly getting impatient. "How long will it take you then?"

"Only time will tell. I have to feel the brushes of they are the right one for me and if I am the right one for them"

Confused, Mrs. Bae just let Suzy be. "Just make haste since the Manobal's are waiting. I will wait at the carriage" said she and left instantly.

Suzy felt like a ton of weight was removed from her chest. She successfully outsmarted her mother. She picked some paints, canvas, and some brush and went to the masks shop at once.

"Mr. Yoon! said Suzy when she arrived at the store. I need your help"

"Yes, I heard. How is your sister?"

"I have no idea. But I hope she is well"

"What help do you need?"

"I need you to send this to Seulgi, I know none who can help me now. I am hoping she can assist"

"I will be sending this then. Is this urgent?"

"Yes it is. They have found out where my sister and Lisa is hiding and they will be taking them tonight. This letter must reach Seulgi right away"

"Indeed, I will be sending them right now"

"Thank you, I haven't thanked you yet from dropping that letter to Jennie. I will forever be in your debt"

"No need Suzy. This is the right thing to do"

"Thank you, I must leave now Mr. Yoon, I trust you with that letter"

Suzy left and ran to her mother's carriage carrying all the things she bought.

"Thank goodness you are here. I thought a weed might grow on me while waiting"

"Oh no need to exaggerate mother, I rushed and did not feel the brush thoroughly"

"We must leave now, the Manobal's are waiting"

Suzy sat peacefully praying to the Gods above that Seulgi will receive the letter right away.