Chapter 1

Drinking a cup of tea and reading a book is Irene's usual morning routine, with her sister Suzy at her side who is also occupied on painting, their silence was disturbed.

"A letter was sent" said the butler who entered the breakfast-room to deliver the news.

Their mother who was nowhere to be seen suddenly appeared in the breakfast-room.

"A letter for the ball" said Mrs. Bae and opened the letter "Greetings! We are pleased to inform you that a ball will be held at our Residence; the Manobal mansion the day after to-morrow, your appearance will be highly appreciated. -M"

Irene turned her gaze at at her mother who had just read the letter.

"Oh, A new family has moved in our town " said Suzy who snatched the letter from her mother's hand.

"Turning down an invitation is rude, we will be there, ready yourselves and we will go to Srolait for your newly dresses" said Mrs. Bae and hastily went out.

Irene groaned for the reason that she would rather stay and read books than go to a ball and dance. She does not like a flock of men asking her for a dance, she would rather stare on the wall till it melts.

Suzy smiled when she heard her sister groaned.

"Oh come on, it's a ball! Women loves it" said Suzy as she pull her sister and spin her around

"A ball is not a validation on being a woman" Irene replied smiling on her little sister's silliness

"Besides, our dear friends; the Kim's and Park's will be there. Surely, there is no such thing to worry about"

"Right, they do make me occupied"

"Make haste and get ready to go to Srolait. Seriously I don't know why mother bothers us to go there, our dresses fits perfectly fine we don't need new ones every occasion"

"Our mother just wants everything to be perfect, we are the Bae's after all" cried Irene

*The ball*

The mansion was well lit up and looks pleasing. Musical instruments are playing and people are enjoying themselves whilst dancing, but Irene found herself on the table all alone sitting silently, again.

"It took me ages to find you" said Jennie who is one of her dear friends.

"It is a talent. I tend to 'blend in'" replied Irene who just took a sip on her drink.

"I would not disagree" said Jennie "Though, I would like to inform you that a certain someone is looking for you and would like to ask you for a dance"

"I beg you not to tell me who it is"

"Your suitors sure are persistent"

"Sister" said Suzy who just arrived "I know now why this family moved here. A gossip was going around just now"

"I have no interest on such" replied Irene.

"Well I have" said Jennie and waited for Suzy to talk.

"Well, according to Mrs Choi. This family moved because of an issue"

"What is it?" asked Jennie.

"Their only daughter has this contagious disease, it even affected its friend"

"What disease could it be? It seems dangerous"

Irene to seemed to not care and busied herself to look around silently listened to Jennie and Suzy's conversation.