25

Kya

"Hey Kya..." My dad said when he opened the door. I just looked up at him. He looked the same as how he left except he had a beard with grey's in it.

I shook myself out my thoughts and pushed past him looking for my grandma.

"GRANDMA" I yelled walking through the house. "I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back making me turn around.

"GRANDMA why would you let Mya leave you? And why didn't you call and tell me about your son?" I said trying not to raise my voice.

"She called Lani's father asking to come and I told her no. She came back later showing me her tablet thing and it had messages of you and her. The messages was her asking if she can go until you came back and what was supposed to be you agreed. I thought it was discussed already that's why I let it go and as for my son I didn't tell you because you and him need to sit down and talk for yourselves." She explained.

I just looked at her blankly before walking to the back room to call Nasir.

Nas can you please bring Mya to my grandma's house.

"Yea we at that park that's up the street from they school...MYA LANI CMON" he yelled at the girls. They complained as usual and he just let them as they walked to his car.

"Alright imma go" I said.

"Is that my mo-" I hung up hearing Mya ask who I was. I shook my head. She bout to get ha ass whooped. I don't usually whoop her but she bout to get it today because who the hell taught her to lie to me and ESPECIALLY my grandma.

I walked in the living room seeing my dad on the phone. I decided to sit on the couch and wait for Mya.

"You've grown to look just like your mother" he said. I snapped my head at him.

"I'd rather look like a deadbeat then a crackhead" I said still paying attention to my phone.

"I'm not a crackhead Kya"

"I never said you was"

"Go ahead" he said make me look at him confused.

"Tell me what you gotta say cuss me out throw something at me hit me, anything get it out"

"Don't tell me that... Please take that back because I don't want to kill you" I said making him chuckle.

"Kill me??" He was now full on laughing.

"U do remember me before I left right?"

"Like it was yesterday"

"You do know that I can kill you now right"

"Wanna test that theory" I said sitting to the edge of my chair. I reached my hand in my pocket. He stared at me nonchalantly before forming a smirk.

"I'm proud of you, but I'm not here to fight you...I want you to get what you need off your chest so I can explain everything..." He trailed off.

"Explain first then I'll lyk what you wanna hear"

"It dont gotta be this difficult...I want you to get it out before I make you feel bad with the truth" he said. The truth? What truth my mom told me he just up and left after an argument. Then a few years later he died. What truth is there to be told?

"Fine" I let out a long sigh. "Tyrone I hate you..I'm not gone say that... I loath you and anything that has to do with you.... except myself" I paused as tears formed in my eyes. "I wanted you to be there for me...I wanted you there when mom didn't want me here and you weren't there...you never protected me... momma did me so dirty...she tried selling me off, she tried using me for piss tests, she had me out here looking like I WAS THE FUCKING CRACK FEIN while she had her shit together, she put a funky muhfucka she found in the street before me...I got sent to jail that day.. I had to be away from my child for her birthday ain't that some shit...who was on my mind the whole time you. I had to leave my child the person I love more than life itself with a muhfucka I don't even like and my stank ass momma..you know they had her knowing what a weed scale was, what  heroine is, cussing and shit? Ian like it, but at the end of the day that's who she became without me being there to guide her. I just wish you were there I had no one to go to because the person I went to for comfort my best friend at the time...wasn't there...you walked out on me and now you are sitting in my face telling me to explain...I shouldn't explain shit to you ion owe you a damn thing but a punch to your face....you came here and introduced yourself to my child who knows nothing about you except that you left me and then died....I'm pissed at the fact you left out the blue..no goodbye no letter no nothing...and you popped back up I wish you could have stayed where you were" I said. I had tears running down my face and was sniffling. I started to wipe my face off when I heard the door.