31: FAMILIAR

31: FAMILIAR

***
R O S É

"Chipmunk!"

It's him again.. the guy with a blurry face on my dreams.

I turn to look up at him because he is really tall. I want to see his face, I want to know what he looks like and if I already saw him in reality.. but never once did the blurry illusion on his face subsides even just a bit.

"Who are you?" That's what I always asked him.

Why is he always in my dreams? I want to know..

"You already forgot about me Chipmunk?" That's always his response.

For some reason, I always felt guilty inside my chest whenever he said those words. His tune is not angry nor accusing but I am sad myself because I really did forgot about him.

I want to remember him but I can't.

Is he worth remembering? Is he someone special? Why did I forgot him if he is?

I felt his hand caressing my right cheek and I closed my eyes to feel the warmth of his touch. I feel lost whenever I am awake but whenever I am dreaming of this man infront of me who called me chipmunk, I always feel in solace.

He felt like a home.

"Please.. tell me who you are. Are you even real? Where can I find you? I want to know.." I pleaded.

I open my eyes only to be awake now. I sat on my bed as I heave a deep sighed and cover my face using my palms.

I didn't even see his face again.

I yawned and just continue on my day, as seconds passed by.. the faceless tall man is the only thing I remember from that dream of mine.

I open my door because I decided to eat outside for brunch when my neighbor also open his. Our eyes met but before I could even greet him, he quickly look away and started to walk and just ignore me.

My brows furrowed.

Yeol--I assume that was his name because it is again, printed on the back of his jacket. Does he hate me or not like me as a person?

I mean, we are neighbors. I am trying to be friendly at first but now, can he atleast be casual with me and not act as if I am invisible in his eyes? I know he is tall but I am normally tall as well so I know he saw me!

Whenever we both saw each other on the hallway, I always try to greet him because he is my neighbor but he would either walk fast the other way or pretend that he is busy fidgeting on his phone like what he is doing now as he waits for me to enter the elevator.

I huffed on the elevator and pressed the ground floor.

As soon as the elevator closes, silence enveloped the two of us inside.

"Uh.." I started to spoke. Being in silence is not really my cup of tea! "Going somewhere?"

"Coffee." Wow, he answered!

I bit my lower lip to stifle a smile because I felt happy that he didn't ignore me for the first time after a week of being neighbors already! I don't even know why I feel somehow burdened with the idea that he does not like me around.

I cleared my throat. "I am on the way for brunch."

"..."

Right, no one asked.

I pouted and was about to speak when his phone vibrated.

"~You can call me monster! I'm creeping in your heart babe~" my ears perked up with his ring tone.