08: SPECIAL

08: SPECIAL

***
C H A N Y E O L

Rosé is as clear as day can be.

She's a very innocent and pure person.. something that's rare to find these days. The way she laugh, the way she frown, and the way she blushes whenever I am around somehow amuses me.

But I don't want to assume that she likes me. Maybe, she's just not used to being close to men.

"Chill.. Chipmunk. I don't bite."

The reason why I teased her that day. She even got annoyed resulting to her cheek to be tinted in crimson red. She's not like other girls who wanted to act cute and all, her aegyo comes off naturally and that made me smile.

"You're so cute, Rosé-ssi."

"You're talking as if we are close." She huffed.

"Are we not close enough, Chipmunk?"

"Will you stop calling me Chipmunk, Yoda?"

She even gave me a nickname. Most of the people say that the little fella that has huge ears in star wars remind me of them.. but I only find it acceptable when Rosé is the one to say it.

Her voice is like of an angel.

And maybe her presence made me at peace so much to the point that.. I thought that she maybe she could be the one I was looking for to save me.

But then as soon as I have time ponder about it, I immediately regretted that I asked her that.

Rosé-ssi is such a pure innocent angel. Why would I pull her into my dark pit of hell?.. I can't do that to her.

I won't do that to her.

Therefore, I decided to just ignore her the next day even if I want to be close to her again. I want to tease her again.  I still want to be friends with her but I don't think I still have the right to do so..

But then.. as I was about to get a coffee from the vending machine, Rosé came to ask me the question that I wanted to avoid.

"About saving--"

She started but I cut her off before she could even ask.

"Forget about what I said yesterday Rosé-ssi." I lightly let go of a chuckle, "it's just a slip of the tongue mistake."

I tried so hard not to glance at her way. I feel like it will be a sin for me to be close to her or even wished to be friends with her. She is too bright for a person that is used to be in the dark like me.

I stood up, realizing how late it is already and I still have to practice our song's choreography earlier tomorrow. I bid my goodbye to Jesung, Sejung and the other staffs before I leave.

"Chanyeol Oppa.."

I was about to enter my car when I heard Rosé's soft.. angelic voice. I stop on my track and a smile curve on my lips as I look at her.

Why can't I just leave and leave her be? What about my thoughts about not going close to her because she is too good for me?

"Rosé-ssi." And I even called her name as well.

"Uh.. Chanyeol Oppa.." I notice that she often fidgeted with her fingers whenever she is nervous.

I tilted my head as I stared at her face and I almost laugh when I saw a barbeque sauce stained on her left cheek. Aegyo.. I took a step towards her and lifted my hand on her cheek to gently wipe the sauce off.

"Let me save you. Please."

To say that I was taken aback by her words is an understatement. I froze and realize how close I have gotten towards her. To even see the clear sincerity and determination reflecting on her eyes..

Rosé gulped.. I didn't even realize that I am still caressing her cheek so I took my hand away. I look away from her and back out to give off enough distance.

"Will you give me a chance to save you?" She asked.

Why would.. she.. I don't really know how to react or what to say to her now.

So I asked the first question that popped on my mind. "Did you really mean that?"

She nodded.

"How?" I asked again..

I tried so hard to save myself for the past few years.. it is the first time that I am resorting to ask for anyone's help. I guess I am already this desperate.. I am already this miserable to ask for help.

"I.. can be your friend." She suggested.

"I already have lots of friends." I challenge her, "but none of them even come close to saving me."

"Bestfriend?" She offers.

I chuckle at that. "I have eight best friends. My members. Do you think I'll ask your help if they succeeded?"

So she think that I am lonely huh? She thinks that's what I need her saving for. The reason why she's offering to be friends. But my miseries are more than what it actually meets the eye.. Rosé.

"Then.." she huffed.. and look straight in my eyes. "Let me be your special friend."

"What makes you special, Chipmunk?" I raised a brow at her.

The determined look on her face somehow amuses me. Is she a nosy type of person to stick her nose in my business or is she really this kind to help me? I can't believe that an angel type of person still exist.

And here is Rosé standing right infront of me.

"I'll be the one to save you, Yoda. That makes me special." Rosé gave off a confident smile.

And that made my lips to curve into a smile in return. You are not just special Rosé.. you are one of a kind.

***
(A/N: a shorter than usual update today hehehe°^•^° Komawoyoooo for reading and voting guysue~)