"I wish I could have another chance with y-you because.." Trailing off into silence as a result of your distraught voice cracking.

Hisoka saw fresh hot tears stream down your still beautiful eyes. Tears that made his chest ache to a point he could've swore his heart was dropped into a blender.

"B-Because I love you Hisoka..I've always loved y-you. And I wish I c-could love you for longer."

Finally. After almost a decade gone. The penny was officially dropped. Bringing everyone's heartbeat to a standstill and chest tightening too a point of suffocation.

Every outsider knew it. They could see the way the two of you looked at each other since high school. And no matter the years that passed, neither of you moved onto someone else. It was a clear sign of love.

But for one of you to finally come to terms with the feelings evoked and stop living in denial about each other, was unbelievable. Indeed the term 'Love' and the confession itself was tossed out accidentally through that heated fight where you and Hisoka were about to kill each other. But this was different.

This is the first you had ever told Hisoka you loved him with such endearment. Clear minded and calmness.

Confessing love in this moment hit the soul. It reached through all the tough and malicious layers everyone had. A confession of love from a dying person was something that couldn't ever be compared.

His heart was initially dropped in a blender, but hearing your words switched that blender on and sent his body into an overdrive of pain. Bitter sweet pain. It tortured him even more to hear you utter such words before you left this world for good.

Stiffly frowning in despair, Hisoka sat up straight and gently pushed your face against his chest. Clutching onto your hair from the back ever so desperately.

But in actual fact, he shifted you like that so you wouldn't see the impossible just happen. He didn't care whether the others saw. Hisoka probably even forgot they were in the room with him. But he didn't want you to see this for the first time, him shedding tears out of sadness and pain.

The last time he ever cried was when he saw his parents being murdered in front of him. He swore to himself after that day, he wouldn't let anyone affect him emotionally. No one could hurt him if he had no one dear to him. He would be the one doing the hurting. And losing you reminded him why he shouldn't have let anyone worm their way into his heart.

But it was you..

The connection you and him developed was so unexpected. Somehow you managed to break down his cold walls and become the most important person in his life. Then you gave him a child..

Another person that instantly made Hisoka grow emotionally attached too.

Pressing you harder against him, he needed you even closer. Right up against his heart. Even though there wasn't anymore space left between the two of you. It still felt like there was a drastic physical distance. Almost as if he was trying to hold down your soul so it wouldn't leave your body.

With his other free arm, Hisoka rested it on his propped up knee and smoothly slid his hand over his eyes. Hiding away his forbidden tears.

But they all saw. The weakest and most vulnerable they have ever seen Hisoka was now. Even the most emotionless out the group present - Uta, felt pity and ached to  witness such raw emotions being expressed from the ruthless leader he knew Hisoka as.

A man that used to be promiscuous and viewed women as sex toys. Had no value for the human life. Was now in tears over a female he valued more than anything to exist.