The Forbidden Forest

Start from the beginning

A burst of playful energy hit her as she became one with her new form. She rolled onto her back, four paws in the air and tongue out, it was a clear play with me, and the wolf that was Draco crouched his front body, in a play as well.

She rolled over, running straight at his front legs and he easily bowled her over with his massive paw as she reached him.

She jumped back onto her feet and attacked his tail. He spun in a circle and bowled her over again. He was much larger than her,** but she still managed to jump onto his back, jumping around on his back until he managed to shake her off.

He lay down on top of her and she wriggled around, chirping in annoyance and trying to escape. She finally made her escape and attacked his tail again, to which he knocked her over.

Her earlier tiredness hit her again after they played for a bit more and she curled up into a ball. He circled her several times, like a dog circles a mat, then lay down around her. He was large enough that the small fox practically disappeared into his fluff.

She chirped happily in the warmth, and slowly fell asleep.

• • •

She woke up to the warmth being gone. Draco was lying on the ground, wrapped up in his cloak. As she watched, his eyes flickered and opened. She booped his nose with hers then stretched and he smiled at her.

"Hi there, did you just come across me?" he asked quietly, clearly thinking she was just a random animal. "You're very cute." 

He reached out and petted her, scratching tiredly behind her ears, then his expression darkened suddenly, "Shit, Hari!" he looked around wildly, clearly worried that he had hurt her. He tried to stand but tripped, landing back on his knees. He looked so scared.

Hari unfroze, running towards where he had landed and transformed back as she went, putting her hand on his shoulder #) I'm right here. (# she said quickly.

He spun around, surprise flitting across his face to be replaced by relief, "You're alright...." he collapsed forwards into her, hugging her tightly and burying his head in her hair. "You're alright... you're alright......"

After a while, his arms loosened and he pulled away slightly, looking at her face. "But how, where did you come from, how are you alright?"

She gave him a small smile, "You really think I wouldn't be safe around a werewolf? I live with Remus."

"But how?" Draco asked.

She concentrated for a second, shifting back into her fox form. His eyes widened, "You're an animagus!?"

She changed back again, nodding. 

"Thank you," he whispered, "that's the first time I haven't been in pain afterward since my first transformation."

She wasn't sure what to say, and just gave him a slightly sad smile, taking his hand and squeezing it, returning the gesture he had given her so many times.

"For how long have you been able to transform?" he asked.

"Since the end of third year." Hari grinned.

Draco looked amazed, "Wow, you're amazing Hari." he said softly. He slowly leaned closer to her, Ice blue eyes locked with emerald again, holding them there, the moment lingered, with almost a tension between them, Hari felt the moths in her stomach again, but he looked away a moment later. Looking anywhere but her face, a sad wistful look on his.

Hari was worried, was he alright?

"Can you do it as Cass?" he asked quickly, changing the subject.