"Yeah... It's not like I can tell anyone either... You're the only one who isn't part of the company that even knows. Oh.. and my family but.." he hesitated. Another uneven breath, He burrows further into me.

"But..?" I slowly say.

"I miss them so much. I haven't been able to see them in so long.." that's when I felt him tremble. God, it plucked at my heart to see my best friend like this. How can I make it better.. How can I remedy this...

"What about winter break? After exams, is there any way you could go and see them?" The thought rushed to my mind desperately. There was a seconds pause and Tae slowly pulled away and looked up at me. Cheeks damp but a tiny flicker of something else now held in his watery-eyed stare.

"Actually... Yeah... I probably could" he uttered.

"Then do that. Go and see them, talk to them and take a rest. It's not far, we just gotta keep pushing through... Also... You know... If it gets too much... You don't have to do all this... There are other choices, paths you can take in life. It's not the be-all and end-all... Just remember that Tae" I had no idea if what I was saying was the right thing.

Tae gave a tiny nod and then relaxed his head back against my chest. I held him there for a little while, swaying him back and forth gently, a lulled tune entered my mind so I hummed it to him. The entire time I just wished that there was more that I could do. I was left feeling helpless, seeing my friend hurting and all I could do was struggle and say a few words. It just wasn't enough.. and this wasn't the first time either. There'd been moments like this in the past too...

Tae seemed to regain himself as he let out a deep breath and pulled away. "I have a theory..".

"What is it?" I tip my head in question.

"Well, I was thinking about it and... The only thing that makes sense is that some angels sent you to look out for me.." Was I imagining things, no... He was serious?

"What? Oh my gosh, you're precious" I flushed instantly at the slight shift, the affection his gaze held on me.

"Not as precious as you are. Thanks for always being so good to me" Tae leant over and cupped my cheek, I felt my breath catch in my chest as he closed the gap between us. A soft peck placed itself on my nose, it tickled a little.

"You don't need to thank me for that... It's what best friends do.." I trailed off. He was still so close to me, I found it hard to breathe.

"Mm... Should we take a break?" He pulled away, the return of his fresh smile giving me confidence that we'd live to fight another day.

The rest of our time together passed as we got stuck into playing some game on our phones. Tae realised that he had to take off otherwise he'd be late to his vocal lessons this afternoon. I was left wondering about my plans to see Joon tonight at the club.

As I scoured through my clothes my emotions sauntered. Albeit a lot was going on. Not just for me but the people around me too. I was about to toss the yellow crop knitted top in my hand aside but, after a second of refocusing on what It looked like I lingered. The way the top twisted across the middle would make my cleavage look pretty sexy so I chose to go with that. Along with a pair of my signature high waisted jeans, it would be perfect.

Hair down straight, white kicks on. Simple but cute, just the way I liked it. There was no line when I got there. Just strolled right through. It was so mild compared to the weekend. The music played in the background but was nowhere comparable to how loud it had been before, a few people were hanging about, having a drink or sat at tables amongst groups of friends.

It didn't take long for Joon to notice me from where he sat. The chat he was having with a few unfamiliar guys mustn't have been that serious seeing as he excused himself mid-convo to come over to me.