Romance Is In The Air

For the last two months everything has been amazing. Elijah had Ana's changed to an older lady Mrs Blade, a sweet lady in her mid fifty's. Ana and Jake, the little boy she sits next to in class, became very close friends. A week after Ana started school came in to the kitchen one day while I was making her lunch and asked if I could make two sets of lunches, when I asked why she explained that Jake didn't get lunch, so Ana shares hers with him.

Smiling now as I think back to that day, I prepare lunches for both children. Packing up the food into Ana's lunch box, I call out to her telling her to put her lunch in her bag. Ana comes running into the kitchen, grabbing her lunchbox, she smiling she thanks me and runs off out of the kitchen to grab her. Once she is ready to go, grab my handbag and the keys to Elijah's car, I smile at Ana as we walk out the door and towards the car.

Arriving at Sunshine Heights, I get out before opening up Ana's door and getting her out of the car. Taking her bag I help her put it on her back before grabbing my handbag and locking up the car. Holding Ana's hand as I lead her towards the school. Walking up the steps to her classroom, we hear footsteps and then Jake calls out Ana's name. Ana sees him and runs as fast as she can up too him, throwing her arms around him and hugging him tightly.

Smiling as I watch them hug, it was one of the cutest things in the world, best friends hugging. Soon I hear a deep males voice.

"What are you doing boy, get away from that girl and get to class" an angry man stomps up to to the two children.

Jake lets Ana go and takes a step away, whispering sorry to the man. Stepping up next to Ana I turn to look at the man, who was openly looking over my body, smiling a creepy grin.

"Ana, Jake, Why don't you guys head into class" I say, smiling at them.

They nod and run off towards the classroom. The man in front of my glares, smiling sweetly at him I ask him if there is anything I could help him with. The blading grey haired man standing in front of me flashed me another creep grin at my words. Shaking my head, I walk inside to check on Ana, seeing her and Jake at there desks I walk over and kneel down next to them.

"You two okay?" I ask

"Yes, we are okay Shayla" Ana smiles

Kissing her cheek, I say my goodbyes before heading back to the car. Driving back to the house, deciding that I would ditch school today. Smiling as the house comes into view, parking the car, I get out, heading inside. Putting my bag on the kitchen bench, I head deeper into the house to find Elijah. Finding him in his office, I smile, leaning against the doorframe, I watch him work. Amazed that he hasn't noticed I was standing there.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I ask

Elijah looks up, shocked to see me standing there. Smiling he beckons her into the room. Walking in I go up to Elijah and sit down on his lap, straddling him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"What has you so deep in thought?" I whisper, placing a soft peck on his lips.

"My lawyer called this morning, a date has been set. By the end of the week, Ana hopefully will be under my custody once and for all."

"That's good news, the she-devil won't be able to hurt her."

Elijah smiles at my words, nodding his head.Dragging Elijah out of his office, I convince him to watch a movie with me.

"Go pick a movie while I get some snacks." Elijah says, placing a kiss on my head.

Smiling I walk into the living room. Sitting on the ground by the small bookcase filled with movies. I look though them. Finding "The Hunger Games" I grab it, standing up, I walk over to the TV and put the disc in. I turn around when Elijah walks into the room carrying a tray. He places the tray on the coffee table, before sitting down on the couch. I walk over to him and sit next to him, curling my body up next to him as he presses play on the movie and it starts. Crying when Rue dies, I hide my face in Elijah's chest. I feel him lean down and press a kiss to my head, wrapping his arms tightly around me. By the time the movie is finished, I put the next Hunger Games movie on. Grabbing the bowl of popcorn and some chocolate, I mix them together, before eating it, smiling I lean my head on Elijah's shoulder while I eat.

When the second movie finishes its lunchtime. I get up, as I start walking out of the room, Elijah calls out that he wants to take me out for lunch. Smiling I walk back over to him.

"Okay, I'll go change. What should I wear?" I question.

"Whatever you like, your beautiful in anything you wear." He kisses me softly before standing and leaving the room.

I head up to our bedroom. Standing in front of my wardrobe. Argh I hate no idea what to wear! Finding a thigh length red dress. Putting in on, I slip on a pair of 10inch black heels. Waterfall braiding my hair, I add some make up. Walking out I find Elijah by the door wearing a black suit, holding a single red rose.

"You like Beautiful Shayla" Elijah says, as he hands me the rose.

Smiling I take the rose and Elijah leads me outside to his car. Opening the door for me, he helps me into the car. Once he pulled out on the road, I asked where we were headed, but he refused to tell me. After a hour of being in the car Elijah pulls up at a small restaurant, its paint green with white stripes and the words "Mia Bella Cucina" were neatly written above the door way. Elijah helps me out of the car, wrapping his arm around me shoulders as we walk inside. Tables were set up with white, red or green tablecloths and the lights were dimmed so the candles on the table gave the room a much more romantic feeling. Roses were places in glass vases and classic music softly played.

"Can I help you?" An elderly woman walked up to us.

"Yes, a table for two please" Elijah asks nicely

The woman nodded and asks us to follow. She leads us to a table in the middle of the room. Elijah pulls my chair out for me, before taking a seat himself. The woman passes us menus smiling, asking us what we would like to drink.

"A bottle of Armand de Brignac Brut Gold please " Elijah replies

The woman nods before walking off. Elijah and I talk about normal things while we read over the menu. Soon the lady comes back with an ice bucket and stand, placing it next to the table she walks off and then comes back with a bottle and two wine glasses. She places the glasses down before opening the bottle and pouring a small amount into on glass, offering it to Elijah he take it and sips the champagne. Smiling he gives the lady a nod who places the bottle on the table. She takes a notepad and pen out from her pocket and asks what we would like to order.

"Spaghetti bolognaise for me and the beautiful girl will have chicken carbonara, can we also get some garlic bread as well." Elijah orders.

The lady walks off and Elijah pours us both a glass of champagne, before placing the bottle into the bucket of ice. Telling Elijah about the man from this morning, ruining Jake and Ana's hello hug.

"Let me know when you're finished and I'll bring over dessert," the lady says as she places out plates onto the table. Smiling at Elijah I start eating. Looking at my phone quickly I tell Elijah that it's nearly time to pick up Ana. Elijah nods and motions to the woman that we were finished our lunch, the woman comes over and take away our plates.

Cupcake is placed in front of me. The red icing is swirled perfectly, but what caught my attention was the beautiful ring that was placed on top of the cake. A big diamond placed beautifully in the middle of two blue sapphires and a smaller diamond placed on either side of the sapphires, all on a white gold band.

"Elijah?" I gasp

Elijah gets out of his seat, carefully taking the ring from the cupcake, wiping off any icing that was on the ring he kneels down on one knee by my side. Taking my left hand in his he smiling, holding up the ring.

"Shayla Patterson, I know we have only known each other for a few short months, but in that time it has felt like years. Please my darling girl, will you make me the happiest man in the world and become my wife?" He asks

"Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" I scream, tears running down my face.

When we get home we make love for the first time. It was gentle and soft, but full of passion and love.

_____________________________________

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy!!

Vote and Comment <3