Chapter 37

*Clara's Pov*

Sage runs out of the plane when we land.
The rest of us are just waking up, so it takes us a minute to realize what's happening.
Morgan is the first to follow her.
We run in to see her trying to get past Ms. Melody and Mr. Song, who are blocking her path.
They are talking, but I only hear the last part and it's awful.
Ms. Melody says, "He wants to kill you."
Sage stops fighting and collapses on the ground shocked.
What?
Why would he want to kill her?
He loves her.
"Girls, help her to her office," Ms. Melody says sympathetically.
Morgan and I help her off the ground.
We half carry, half drag her to her office.
She still hasn't said anything.
"Sage, please tell me you're okay," Morgan says.
She looks down and says, "I thought he loved me."
I've never seen her like this.
Well, except when her parents were killed and she saw them murdered right in front of her.
I can't think about how that would effect her.
She must really like Isaac.
I don't even think she realized it before...
"I have to see him," she says finally.
"You can't. He'll kill you!" I exclaim.
"Maybe I can change him back," she says.
"It's not worth the risk," Morgan says.
"Yes, he is," Sage says determined, "Morgan, you would do it for Garrick. Clara, you would do it for Brandon. This isn't any different."
We both nod defeated.
We peek out of the office.
Ms. Melody is standing guard.
"Morgan turn me invisible and Clara you distract her while trying to find out any information," Sage says.
Morgan turns invisible and touches her hand.
Sage starts to disappear.
I open the door and I think they walk out. I can't really tell, since they're invisible.
"What can I do for you?" Ms. Melody asks.
"Well, what exactly happened with Isaac? He was unconscious when we last saw him and now he wants to kill Sage?" I ask.
"When he was brought here on the helicopter, he was still unconscious. A few minutes after, his hair and clothes turned black. He went on a rampage destroying things. He kept repeating her name and kill. Luckily, I shot him with a tranquilizer dart. We locked him in the..." She almost gives it away, "Sorry, but I can't tell you and you can't tell Sage any of this."
I nod and go back in the office to wait.
Soon, I hear a crash and the door opens.
Morgan and Sage appear.
"What did you do?" I ask them.
"Tried to find Autumn and ask her where they are keeping him," Sage answers.
"All she knew was that he was on the third floor," Morgan says sadly, "What did you find out?"
"He didn't wake up until he got here. His hair and clothing turned black and started destroying everything in his path. Ms. Melody shot him with a tranquilizer dart," I say.
"He wouldn't do that," Sage says quietly.
"It's not him. It's whatever Will shot him with," Morgan tries to comfort her.
"Go look for him and call us when you find him," I say.
"How? Ms. Melody locked the door when we came back in," Morgan asks me.
I point to the vent above Sage's desk.
She starts climbing on the desk and I remove the cover.
She jumps and grabs the rope she has attached in there for emergencies.
I hope she makes it...

<Garrick's Pov>

Brandon and I are trying to get information out of Mr. Song, but he won't budge.
My phone beeps and I see I have a text from Morgan.

M: S went 2 look 4 I
G: howd she get out?
M: vent
G: 👌
M: Can u and B keep Song busy
G: sure
M: thx 😘
G: 😍

I show the text to Brandon who nods.
"Mr. Song, how old are you?" He asks.
"I'm thirty seven," he replies.
"How old is Ms. Melody?" Brandon asks.
"Thirty five, I think," he says.
"She seems nice don't you think?" He nudges Mr. Song's arm.
"Mr. Wood, we work together not date," he says.
"Well, you could do both. Here, let me go get Ms. Melody. You could ask her to dinner sometime," he says and runs to Ms. Melody with Mr. Song behind him.
Mission accomplished.
I should go help Sage.
Autumn told me it was on the third floor.
I climb up the steps and see Sage running up and down all the hallways.
"Winters!" I whisper yell.
She turns and looks at me.
"We don't have much time," I say and she nods.
We split up and soon I hear her yelling, "Let go of me! I have to see him!"
I run and see Mr. Song hauling her away from a door.
I quickly turn invisible and go in the door. Sage had already picked the lock...
I'm shocked by what I see.
Isaac is in all black with black hair and yellow eyes sitting in the middle of the room.
He is grinning evilly.
What happened to him?
I let him see me.
"Isaac, do you you remember me?" I ask.
"My old friend Garrick. Sure, but my name's not Isaac it's Pitch," he says smirking.
"Everyone is so worried. Especially Sage. What happened to your hair and clothes?" I ask.
"New me is so much better than the old me. As for Sage or anyone else, I really don't care," he says and I'm shocked.
"You love Sage. Remember you saved her from Will Black III?" I say.
His eyes return to their normal blue for a second and flicker back to yellow.
"Isaac may have, but I'm not him. And she tried to kill my boss," he says.
I have to get Sage to him. She might be able to bring him back.
I begin to walk out when something hits my back.
I turn and see "Pitch" smirking.
I look and see a frost covered snowball. It also has black sand in it.
Great, now he has dark powers.
I turn invisible again and slip out the door locking it.
When I get back downstairs, Sage is still trying get out of Mr. Song's grip.
"Guys, Sage needs to see him," I say and everyone stops.
"You went in there?" Ms. Melody asks shocked.
I nod.
"He remembers us, but doesn't know anything about the mission. He has changed his name to Pitch. Don't ask. Apparently, he thinks Will is his boss. Sage, I'm sorry, but he does want to kill you," I say and she looks down sadly.
"Wait!" She says and looks up, "Right before he died, Will said only goodness and love can bring him back. He said he took all of that away. Maybe if we show him that stuff he'll come back!"
"It's worth a try," Mr. Song says.
"What should we do first?" Clara asks.
"How about we relive our whole mission," Brandon says as we all look at him strangely, "Not like go out and do the stuff, but bring souvenirs and talk to him about it."
"Let's try it," Sage says.
"Sage, it would be safer if you wouldn't go in there," Morgan says, "Please I don't want to see you get hurt."
"Alright," Sage finally agrees.
I didn't think she would give in that easily.
Brandon goes back and grabs everything.
When he gets back, I go in first.
"Hey, Isaac," I say putting the stuff down.
"My name is Pitch!" He growls.
I pick up the candy I got him from California.
"You remember this? I got it for you from the boardwalk when we went to California," I hand him the bag but he tosses it on the ground.
"Do you remember that night? You helped me ask Morgan out. There were fireworks. You carried Sage all the way back to the hotel. Then, tried to race her. Brandon and I bet on it.
Sage won," I say remembering that night.
"Sage beat me? No, that can't be. Well, I'll just have to kill her first then if she thinks she's better than me," he says.
I decide to go back outside.
Clara goes in next.
The rest of us are watching from behind the one way glass...

*Clara's Pov*

"Hey future brother-in-law," she says smiling, "I brought you something. It's the video of your fake argument with Sage in Paris. We had so much fun then."
I turn it on and recorded voices start yelling.

"Explain what you're doing with my wife," Isaac's voice is loud and clear.
"I was merely escorting her around. Sarah, it was lovely to meet you."
"Was that necessary, darling?" Sage's voice left an impression she was gently annoyed at the scene.

I pause it and ask, "Do you remember this part? You guys were wandering through the crowd and almost got caught. Luckily, you dipped Sage so low that your face were hidden. That was the first of your many PDAs we saw during this partnership."
He throws something at me, but I duck and run outside.
So much for that...
Morgan and Brandon try, but have no luck.
What are we going to do?