Chapter 13

———————————editing————————————

-Morgan's POV-

Garrick and I get off the jet last. For having been all over the world, this is my first time in Paris. The city of love has been on my bucket list forever. I always wanted my first visit to be with someone I actually love, but as they say, "It is what it was is."

Garrick opens the door of the taxi waiting for us. One thing about working for TSA is that they take care of transportation, hotels, and food. It would be nice if we weren't here for just work.

When we get to the hotel, Sage and Isaac are finishing checking in. I guess we should have waited an hour after they left as per Sage's instruction, but I couldn't help myself. One can only be on that plane for so long. Besides, Garrick was drooling on the couch.

"Here's your room key and a map of city. Your room occupies the top floor which is floor 30. Enjoy the Honeymoon Suite, Mr. and Mrs. Jones!" The lady at the desk says smiling.

Wait, the honeymoon suite? Someone's going to die when we get back. Did Sage know about this? I can only imagine what's going through her head right now.

Garrick and I are trying and failing to withhold our snickers.

Sage suddenly squeals very uncharacteristically at something. I jump from the loud noise enough that Garrick has to lightly push me away so I don't crush him against the wall.

"We just got married, and I wanted to surprise her," Isaac explains to the lady.

"Well, congratulations, and I hope you two have a great time." The lady smiles at them.

Sage nods her thanks, starting to walk toward the elevator while Isaac turns around and whispers to the clerk. "Of course we will. I didn't book the honeymoon suite for the name."

He's a dead man. I can't believe he just said that. Even if he is acting, I know Sage heard that. She will have no mercy.

"Honey?" Sage calls, clenching her jaw enough that I can see from all the way over here.

Isaac looks toward her lovingly, "Coming, angel!" He winks at us while I shoot him a look.

Now it's our turn.

"How can I help you?" The lady asks.

Do I answer? Does Garrick? What am I supposed to say? Am I supposed to say Garrick's alias's last name? My palms are starting to sweat. This isn't good.

"We are here to check in," Garrick announces and tells her our names. She looks at them and types something into the computer.

Please work. Please work. I don't know what to do if it doesn't. I hold my smile on my face.

"Okay, here are your room keys. Enjoy your stay!" She says with a fake smile. Obviously it's fake. How can anyone smile at annoying customers all day who make special requests and inappropriate comments, thinking they know everything? The glamorous life of working in retail and customer service.

Thank goodness we're done. I couldn't take much more of that. I'm used to missions with Sage. She always knows what to do. I just follow her lead, and it always works out. Here she's way too many floors above me with very few ways of communication without attracting attention. Sage, I wish you were here. You always do the right thing.

I worked in a mall for a few months before Sage took me in. I had an inheritance from my aunt after they passed, but after awhile it was gone. When you're a sixteen year old with no idea how the world or economy works, you blow through money pretty quickly. I was forced to get the first job I could find, which was in a clothing store. It was terrible. People are just plain rude and disgusting.