Chapter 21

~Sage's Pov~

I wake up smelling peppermint. It's really nice and refreshing. Where is it coming from?
Looking around, I don't see Isaac.
Where is he? He wouldn't just leave me here and go get breakfast. Would he?
I put on my robe and go to the bathroom.
My mouth drops.
It has rose petals covering the floor leading to the jacuzzi tub.
What did he do?
And more importantly why?
Does he really think I'm going to kill him? I knew I scared him, but this much?
I close the door and take a shower. When I finish and change, Isaac is waiting for me.
He's fidgeting with his collar, so I fix it for him and tie his fancy blue tie.
"Why so nervous?" I ask.
"Ummm...Well...I..." He stutters.
"The great Isaac Frost, most popular guy in school, speechless?" I joke, "I haven't seen you like this since...Well the..." I trail off.
The last time was when he said he couldn't hang out with me.
We both look down not knowing what to do or say.
Luckily, someone knocks. He opens the door and it's Clara.
"Sage, I have- Am I interrupting something?" She asks noticing the tension.
"No, I'll meet you downstairs," Isaac says and leaves.
Clara gives me a look. One that says you better tell me what's going on or else.
"What?" I ask annoyed. I don't think I'm getting out of this.
"You two weren't fighting again were you? We can't have our mission leaders fighting," she lectures me.
"See for yourself," I say opening the bathroom door.
"Oh my goodness! He did that? He's going to ask you out!" She squeals.
"Hey, even if he does, I can't. I don't date people I work with," I say not showing any emotion, "You know that..."
She nods sadly, but understands.
"I'm still telling everyone!" She says getting out her phone.
"Don't you dare!" I yell and wrestle her to the ground.
"Only Morgan?" She pleads.
"Fine, but if you tell anyone else, I might just freeze your mouth shut again!" I threaten.
She gasps and I nod.
"Anyway, Ms. Melody sent us new suits," she says excited.
"Really?! Finally those old ones wouldn't flex with me," I say happy.
She smirks.
"What?" I ask her confused.
"Told you it was a power!" She says.
She hands me a black suit with two gun halters and blue wrist things. They, apparently, can shock someone which stuns them enough to knock them out.
I hold it up and try to freeze it. It melts automatically.
I nod.
"You better hurry. The guys are already eating. Everything will be gone by the time you get there," she says and walks out.
I grab my phone and walk to the elevator.
Isaac is sitting at a table waiting for me, so I set my phone down and head for the food.
The buffet has some new things, but I get chocolate chip pancakes again.
"Don't you ever get tired of those?" Isaac asks jokingly trying to break the ice.
"Never!" I say smiling. I don't know what else to say. What do I do? I don't have experience in this. Anything else, sure I could do it, but this...
He starts to say something a couple of times until he finally spits it out.
"Sweetheart, didn't you love how the bathroom was decorated? A maid did it yesterday," he says finally.
"It was gorgeous, darling," I reply, "Maybe we can use the jacuzzi tonight."
Thank goodness. This is the one time I'm thankful that I'm wrong. I didn't want it to be awkward all over again.
We eat and walk together to Morgan and Garrick's room.
Everyone is waiting on us as usual.
"Okay, now that everyone's here, let's start," Brandon says, "The girls got new suits. Not fair, but they are equipped with new stuff. Ice and heat resistant, more places to hide weapons, and more flexible for Sage."
I smile sheepishly.
"Garrick and I have tracked the warehouse. We should go tomorrow morning at about five," Morgan plans, "It's in the city in a warehouse building."
"What do we do until then?" Isaac asks.
"Let's go to the beach!" I suggest.
"Sounds good, since we went without you guys last time," Clara says.
Everyone agrees and we grab our stuff.
Things are still a little awkward between Isaac and I, but we try.
When we are ready to leave, I grab my small bag and we go to the elevator.
We wait outside and eventually everyone comes down.
Brandon is carrying about five bags and looks like he's about to drop them.
Garrick is holding one big bag and trying to look tough, but is having a hard time.
Isaac and I look at each other and laugh.
"At least I don't have that much baggage!" I say as Isaac scoops me up bridal style.
Everyone gives us grins.
"You know you don't have to carry me," I say to him.
"I know, but what about our deal?" he says, "It makes it look real."
When we get to the beach, Clara and Morgan want to sunbathe, so the guys and I make sandcastles.
Isaac's is the best.
It's huge and I think Brandon and Garrick are jealous. It has a moat, ten towers, and a drawbridge. It's three feet tall, while the rest of ours are about a foot tall.
Finally, the girls want to get in the water.
Garrick picks Morgan up and dunks her.
"Oh, you are going to get it!" Clara says and I laugh.
But she doesn't come up.
Garrick starts to get nervous.
"Morgan?" He asks scared.
Suddenly, he is pulled under water.
Morgan pops up and grins.
Everyone laughs while Garrick glares.
We splash and I quickly make surfboards.
"Where did these come from?" Isaac asks.
Morgan and Clara quickly look down.
"Morgan found a place to rent them, so we did," I say quickly.
Brandon and Garrick nod, but I know Isaac can tell I'm lying.
We surf for a while. I catch the most waves, but Brandon is pretty good.
He is the captain of the football team for a reason.
We get out and Clara and Brandon go exploring while the rest of us relax on our towels.
When they come back, they are excited.
"There's a boardwalk close by. Can we go please?" Clara asks.
Everyone looks at me.
"Let's go!" I say and we put on clothes over our suits.
Isaac picks me up again and runs to the boardwalk. Once we get there, he puts me down. I still don't know how he's able to run and carry me at the same time. I'm athletic not petite.
Brandon plays a game and wins Clara a snowman stuffed animal.
Very sweet.
Not to be outdone, Garrick wins a penguin stuffed animal for Morgan.
After about three tries.
Isaac looks at me and I say, "Don't you dare!"
He rolls his eyes and we all split up.
There are a couple of roller coaster, so we go there.
"You like roller coasters?" Isaac asks.
"Sometimes. You?" I say.
"Same," he says, "Hold my hand?"
I smile and take his hand as we get on the ride. It's called Mystery Mine.
It's really fun.
It takes us straight up and there's fire.
When we go upside down, it takes our picture.
We're both smiling when we get off.
They show us the picture and Isaac is closing his eyes with a scared look on his face.
I laugh and buy the picture.
He pouts, but I say, "Blackmail for the yearbook."
"Ouch, that's cold," he clutching his heart dramatically as I roll my eyes.
He leads me to the only other roller coaster, The Tornado.
It's really smooth, but drops straight down. I hate dropping.
In the picture, Isaac is smiling and I look scared.
He buys it and I pout.
"Blackmail! This ones gonna be shown at your wedding!" He mimics.
I smack him playfully, "Who said you're invited?"
"The ice queen wins! Let's eat," he says as my stomach growls. He laughs and I blush.
We get hotdogs from a cute little stand by the end of the pier. Mine plain and his with mustard.
"Why plain?" He asks amused.
"Why mustard?" I question.
"Touché," he says and we laugh, "I wonder where everyone else is."
"Morgan is probably looking at all the shops and knowing Clara, she is on the Tilt-A-Whirl after eating," I say after shuddering. I've never had a strong stomach, so I don't even want to imagine that.