22. You'd Be The Sweetest Boyfriend

Start from the beginning

He was an Idol. And a famous one at that. Dae Sung from one of- No, from THE most popular group right now. Big Bang. Holy hell.

His smile was bright, aura strong as he laid eyes on me. The suit he wore made him look so clean-cut and only added the heaviness of his presence.

"Wow, you're more stunning than the pictures" He stood up and walked over to greet me, arm outstretched. I gave a slight smile as I walked into his momentary embrace. He planted a quick peck on my cheek.
"Dae-Sung. a Pleasure to meet you". He pulled away just enough so we were now facing.

"Nice to meet you too, sorry, I'm just still a bit shocked" I smiled sheepishly, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who didn't know who he was and the way he joked my reaction off I'm sure he knew that too.

The rest of my night at work was crazily energetic. Dae, as he'd so willingly asked me to call him loved to drink, sing and party. Champagne, karaoke and lots of touching. Even Cece who joined to help out sent me obnoxious glances in between forced laughs and smiles as we created the mirage of a great time. But the truth was, I half enjoyed it but at the same time, I felt a lot of pressure the entire time, up until the moment he'd been drunkenly escorted out of the club by his manager.

"Jia" Cece sat in the seat next to me at the bar as I sipped on a glass of water.

"Hm?"

"He's going to make you rich. But he's also going to drain you, emotionally" Cece rarely looked this serious, it just made me feel even more overwhelmed.

"How the fuck did this even happen. Like, I'm still beside myself" I lowered my voice so only she could hear me.

"I'll admit, it is a bit weird, like don't get me wrong you're absolutely gorgeous Jia, but still... I'm getting a weird feeling about this" Cece let out a small sigh before downing the shot in front of her.

"Me too. I felt like I had alarm bells ringing in my ears the entire time. But what can I do? I'm just gonna go with it for now." I told her, she gave a solemn nod before leaving me at the bar and heading back to work. I'd finished for the night so I should probably head home.

Part of my brain told me I should but, there was another part that was still whizzing with uncertainty. At that moment, as though on cue the phone that was on the bar table in front of me buzzed.
I clicked open the message.

Yoongi: You working tonight?
Jia: Yeah, just finished 😌
Yoongi: You hungry?

I lingered on the text for a moment, was Yoongi asking me if I wanted to go and eat with him? That was.. unexpected but maybe it was what I needed to calm my mind.

Jia: I could eat, where are you?

A few seconds passed as I waited for him to reply.

Yoongi: Outside

His replies were so short but the fact that he was already here and waiting for me hit me in the feels. I clicked my phone shut and quickly went to grab my coat and bag. I could still feel the effects of the drinks but it wasn't overpowering like usual. I'd probably built up a tolerance by now which was good.

As I left the buzzing of the club behind and entered the more quiet and slight chill of the evening I saw Yoongi standing by the bench, he looked like he'd just knocked off work for the night. His delivery shirt visibly poked out from under his puffy black jacket.

The stoic look he wore was unwavering as he saw me. My heels clicked against the pavement as I went to him.

"You look nice" Yoongi glanced down, the coat I wore didn't hide my dress underneath completely. Part of my leg and the side slit was still noticeable.